• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever seen one of these before ? Never knew it existed .

B-Man2

A USN 1168 ??? Supposedly a rare USN deck jacket .

jack31916

I'd never seen one before untill a few weeks ago when Ties had a BR NAF-1168 for sale.
There are not many pics of originals to be found on the Internet...
The jacket is very similar to the blue navy deck zip but there are minor differences such as the Alpaca lining, windflap and size and shape of the pockets.

asiamiles

I used to have a BR repro - and I also had a RM repro in blue - which I liked quite a lot, the only downside being that for what was essentially a cold weather jacket it didn't offer much protection to the neck area...so basically the lack of a mouton collar was probably the reason I sold it/them.

jack31916

I used to have a BR repro - and I also had a RM repro in blue - which I liked quite a lot, the only downside being that for what was essentially a cold weather jacket it didn't offer much protection to the neck area...so basically the lack of a mouton collar was probably the reason I sold it/them.
You need a USN foul weather deck cap with it... ;)