• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any size 48 member here? your lucky day!

A

Anonymous

A word of warning; the zippered deck jackets run LARGE. I'm generally a 46-48 chest and I fit a 44 fine.........

Dave

Swing

JACKET_ HEAD said:
A word of warning; the zippered deck jackets run LARGE. I'm generally a 46-48 chest and I fit a 44 fine.........

Dave

Thanks for the warning. I expect this jacket will be a little big but that should be fine. Need the room for layers of clothing, and if it shrinks like my Tanker has (in the shoulders and in the back length) it should be perfect after a winter or two.

~Swing

Swing

Deck jacket came today, and I think it's going to be a keeper. It is big, with plenty of room for a heavy sweater under it, but doesn't look sloppy. Only place that's really too big/long is the sleeves. They could be about a inch shorter. Boy is the waterproof lining ever loud, sounds like you're wearing a plastic garbage bag. I hope that dies down quick. Zip goes most of the way up the neck knit. Love that, and it should keep my neck nice and warm. I don't know how warm the jacket itself is going to be, the wool lining isn't that heavy. With the waterproof lining I expect it will be a better windbreaker and warmer than my Tanker. Don't think it will be quite as warm as a B-15 or B-6 though.

~Swing

A

Anonymous

Swing, panic ye not !!!

If you look at my posts in the cloth section, you'll see that the noise gets less and less as time goes on.

You'll like it !!!

dave

Swing

Here's my Deck jacket. Big all over, but not a problem except for the sleeves.

deckjacketfront.jpg

~Swing