• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea what model this USN jacket is?

hacker

Atticus said:
Church(?) M-422A.

AF

Looks like a good guess. The leather color, USN, and mouton looks Church, but I've never seen the zipper sewn in like that......Cheap enough, but that jacket has seen way better days!

alfanator

Thanks. I will get it next week and if the leather is good will get the liner and knits replaced by my tailor. The scalloped pockets seems different from the later jackets, is that how to tell a M422 from a G1?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
alfanator said:
The scalloped pockets seems different from the later jackets, is that how to tell a M422 from a G1?

No, they tell you that it's an earlier jacket, but some makers continued with this design until late in the 1950's.

bazelot

You got a pretty good deal there but there is going to be a lot of work required to put it back together.

delta102uk

....Looks very similar, but pockets are different to this Church I had a while back?...and the stencil was in black..

Picture2319good.jpg

Sean K

bazelot

delta102uk said:
....Looks very similar, but pockets are different to this Church I had a while back?...and the stencil was in black..

Picture2319good.jpg

Sean K

Very nice jacket. I wish you still had it so you could sell it to me.

oose

Hi,
Nice Jacket, reclaiming jackets can be done, with nice results, I got my M-422a is very poor condition, but the leather was good and strong all over, it had full refurbishment and I wear it often. Good luck with your project.

stu

alfanator

Jacket came in today. The leather is in very good condition, no rips, tears, rot or funky smells. Soft and supple with good patina and a very nice collar. The liner is shot as are the knits and the male side of the zipper is busted. Looking forward to getting this jacket ship shape and will post updates here.