• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea on maker of this A-2

a2jacketpatches

What irritates me the most as a seller, is the guy that enters multiple bids one right after the other in minimal increments. It is a turn off for others who intend to physically enter bids in the last minute. These penny pinchers cause a lot of potential bidders drop off in my experience. He who pays the most wins on Ebay end of story, whether sitting there to physically enter his highest offer or an auto-system to do it for him. It is a bummer to lose and I've felt that myself, but the next highest bidder is only really losing out on a second chance when the highest bidder made the right choice on his first try.

robrinay

a2jacketpatches said:
What irritates me the most as a seller, is the guy that enters multiple bids one right after the other in minimal increments. It is a turn off for others who intend to physically enter bids in the last minute. These penny pinchers cause a lot of potential bidders drop off in my experience. He who pays the most wins on Ebay end of story, whether sitting there to physically enter his highest offer or an auto-system to do it for him. It is a bummer to lose and I've felt that myself, but the next highest bidder is only really losing out on a second chance when the highest bidder made the right choice on his first try.
I suspect this behaviour may be a naive attempt to put off other potential bidders by trying to make it seem as if there are lots of bidders actually bidding? I find it irritating too but it doesn't put me off bidding.

TankBuster

I would consider the final sales price a steal for what it was. I honestly was expecting the final price to land around $400+

a2jacketpatches

[/quote]I suspect this behaviour may be a naive attempt to put off other potential bidders by trying to make it seem as if there are lots of bidders actually bidding? I find it irritating too but it doesn't put me off bidding.[/quote]

I'm sure for some serious bidders this is the case, but it really does put off the casual ones and that can put a damper on the whole experience. And to clear up my following statement -

"It is a bummer to lose and I've felt that myself, but the next highest bidder is only really losing out on a second chance when the highest bidder made the right choice on his first try"

This is the sniper as opposed to a regular bid.

dmar836

TankBuster said:
I would consider the final sales price a steal for what it was. I honestly was expecting the final price to land around $400+

Agreed. I have never cared for the look of the hide of these V505s. I have often thought of adding one but they appear very, and pardon the comparison, ELC-hide to me.

Dave

a2jacketpatches

Speaking about the hide, what is it exactly. Several unique possibilities if nobody can say for sure. Regardless of what modern repro it resembles, if it was kangaroo or something that may be more desirable. I 'm pretty sure Kangaroo is the toughest hide known to man.

DiamondDave

Peter Graham said:
DiamondDave said:
Nope. Some ass with a sniping program got me. I hate those Damned things.

So you bid less than $221. What do you expect ? You didn't really want it, did you ?

Actually, I prefer "Live" bidding, and my final bid didn't go in due to a lag in my internet connection.. so I really can't bitch too loud. I'm not really sure it would have mattered much, as I don't think anyone would be interested in the pattern, as it is kind of an ugly jacket! Just as JC offers the Security Aviation Togs jacket, but nobody buys it, it may have been a fools errand from the outset.

Sorry to anyone who would've bid, had I not announced an interest though.

DD

a2jacketpatches

Agreed Dave, it is rather esthetically challenged compared to others. And if your gut tells you so, probably wouldn't be a hit.

As for turning potential bidders off, this forum is just a very small fraction of that and would hardly affect the winning bid. Bidding against each other shouldn't be a problem here either unless you're two years old and haven't been to preschool yet, it teaches us to get along with others. On a weekly basis someone at the swap meet walks right by me with an item I missed. They got to it first, or they paid more money, etc. etc. Last week a guy picked up two minty Flight helmets in the carry bags for 60 bucks 5 minutes before I got there. I was thinking " DAMMIT " in my head, but we all get our piece of the pie in the end. The helmets had no markings and he hardly has a clue about the stuff so I advised him a bit and they're already passed 500- on Ebay. Good for him!!!!

Dr H

Ah, but the SAT is a peach, but I'm tending towards darker, longer A-2 patterns these days.

a2jacketpatches

Agree, the lack of scallop to the pockets is the only thing that bugs me a little, just a little. But I'm all about Theater made especially CBI and Aussie stuff, Jackets, patches, Sweetheart jewelry, love it.

a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches said:
As for turning potential bidders off, this forum is just a very small fraction of that and would hardly affect the winning bid. Bidding against each other shouldn't be a problem here either unless you're two years old and haven't been to preschool yet, it teaches us to get along with others. On a weekly basis someone at the swap meet walks right by me with an item I missed. They got to it first, or they paid more money, etc. etc. Last week a guy picked up two minty Flight helmets in the carry bags for 60 bucks 5 minutes before I got there. I was thinking " DAMMIT " in my head, but we all get our piece of the pie in the end. The helmets had no markings and he hardly has a clue about the stuff so I advised him a bit and they're already passed 500- on Ebay. Good for him!!!!

The guy got almost a thousand bucks between the two helmets, bidding against, hunting against, bottom line is he beat me to them because he got up earlier that day. Good for him.