• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any good G1 or A2 options within a budget?

MoistDonuts

Hi I'm new to the forum and am about to buy my first leather jackets. I've done a bit of research a bit but I've finally (and unfortunately) hit a snag on my budget. I was hoping to budget $650 to buy the G1 that on Headwing, but my budget has come down to $400. The headwind g1 was my 1st choice since it's absolutely beautiful with that particular colored mouton collar. Now I'm considering simply getting headwinds Bronco A2 in horsehide since it's within my budget, or simply looking at different options for a G1. I've noticed USWings sells a nice looking cape buffalo jacket at $395, but idk how much I can trust the quality.

Tbh my gut is veering a bit towards headwinds Bronco A2 rather than the USWings G1 lol

CBI

original G-1's can be found for very good (low) prices. Headwinds might be the way to go for your A-2

Erwin

Hi,

Exactly, in the USA you shouldn't have any issue with getting g1 from 60's at the indicated budget - if you are willing to look for a bit, you can get one in mint condition even cheapper. I'd not recommend any reproduction, but when you need something in a big size, reproduction can be the easiest way for getting g-one. What size are you looking for?

MoistDonuts

Hi,

Exactly, in the USA you shouldn't have any issue with getting g1 from 60's at the indicated budget - if you are willing to look for a bit, you can get one in mint condition even cheapper. I'd not recommend any reproduction, but when you need something in a big size, reproduction can be the easiest way for getting g-one. What size are you looking for?
I believe I'm a size 44. I'd need to double check my measurements though. My chest is around 43 to 44 in, and my sleeve length is 33.5 (if I even measured that correctly). I'd need to go get myself measured to be sure 100%. I was considering buying a legit newer g1 off ebay but I wanted one with a real mouton rather than the synthetic stuff that ends up getting all matted, and in goatskin and last I heard they all started going synthetic and switched from goat to cowhide somewhere within the D series. I've had a tough time finding anything under $400 where the something isn't messed up lol that's why I decided to look at repros since it's easier and I could just "wear it in" myself.

MoistDonuts

original G-1's can be found for very good (low) prices. Headwinds might be the way to go for your A-2
Thx! I might just pull the trigger on the headwind A2, and maybe a year or year and a half from now I'll be able to buy the G1 when I can spend around $650.

Smithy

Thx! I might just pull the trigger on the headwind A2, and maybe a year or year and a half from now I'll be able to buy the G1 when I can spend around $650.

Bear in mind my AVI A-2 that I bought was one of their first generation Broncos but I absolutely love it. Yes there's more accurate jackets when it comes to the smaller details but as a jacket I simply adore it. The leather is gorgeous, the pattern spot-on and it has developed really wonderful patina and wear.

I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid for it.

Like I said mine is an older version but you can see there's a lot of love here AVI's recent offerings so definitely an option.