• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another try at an A-2

fishmeok

Made this one out of brown horse- As simple as an A-2 looks, there are a lot of quirks that make them difficult to make... lucky for me the great oracle of Chapman is available... :D
Cheers
Mark

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

Roughwear

It looks the part from your general pics, Mark. Is it based on any particular contract? Looking forward to seeing photos of the details. Keep up the good work. :)

CBI

Mark - terrific!

Looks like there is interest here, I'll bet this ends up on the Bay?

Congrats - :)

dujardin

hello Mark,

splendid work again, like the color.

as Jack said, give the red balloon..........
nooooooooooo not the dog....... boum

now you have to choose an artist to paint the back and make some patches for your realisation ;)

byeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

fishmeok

Marcel- you know border collies prefer frisbee's! This particular jacket is going to a customer- the M1941 I made is on ebay now though.

Cheers
Mark

helodrvr

It really looks great, Mark! I think you have captured the A-2 essence with a definite Doniger flair!

Mel

Jason

Well done Mark, thats looking very nice indeed. Collar looks to be a bit Doniger, a bit Dubow... and sits nicely, very well done!

fishmeok

Take 2- modified a few things

Here's another try- I modified the pocket flaps and collar bit, and tried some different cotton broadcloth for the liner.
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg