• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Show of Shows Purchase

B-Man2

So … has this ever happened to any of you? You’re walking around a military show wearing your A2 and some guy comes up to you in an A2 of his own and complements you on your jacket. Out of consideration for his compliment, you reply that his jacket looks cool as well . After a 10 minute conversation about A2 jackets and the various makers of them. The guy decides that he wants to upgrade his jacket to a top tier makers repro AND TAKES THE JACKET OFF HIS BACK AND ………… SELLS YOU HIS JACKET AT A RIDICULOUSLY LOW GIVE AWAY PRICE..!!!
I kid you not … here it is ….

IMG_2732.jpeg
IMG_2733.jpeg
IMG_2734.jpeg
IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg
IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg

It’s a horsehide jacket made by De Brabander Manufacturing Co .
The value of the jacket is listed here and is far and away above what I paid for it . The guy literally gave it away .
The Show of Shows Rocks !;)

Last edited:

Pa12

So … has this ever happened to any of you? You’re walking around a military show wearing your A2 and some guy comes up to you in an A2 of his own and complements you on your jacket. Out of consideration for his compliment, you reply that his jacket looks cool as well . After a 10 minute conversation about A2 jackets and the various makers of them. The guy decides that he wants to upgrade his jacket to a top tier makers repro AND TAKES THE JACKET OFF HIS BACK AND ………… SELLS YOU HIS JACKET AT A RIDICULOUSLY LOW GIVE AWAY PRICE..!!!

View attachment 140083View attachment 140085View attachment 140087View attachment 140089
View attachment 140091View attachment 140093View attachment 140095View attachment 140097
The value of the jacket is listed here and is far and away above what I paid for it . The guy literally gave it away .

Crazy. But as I’ve stated before, In my 40 years of wearing a-2’a I’ve never seen another sole wearing one. Mind you I’ve never been to show of shows;)

mulceber

View attachment 140083View attachment 140085View attachment 140087View attachment 140089
View attachment 140091View attachment 140093View attachment 140095View attachment 140097

So is this man of discriminating taste now in the GW queue?;)

Chandler

Many years ago I met some old jacket collectors at a semi-big show outside Pittsburgh (can't recall the show).

I walked in after paying my entry and was immediately approached by a guy, "Izzat an ELC A-2?" Well, yeah -- yeah it is.

"I could tell by the olive thread! Great jacket!"

I honestly don't remember if he was wearing an A-2, but yeah -- plenty guys wearing them at the show then.