• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Sefton-Reviewed

442RCT

I purchased another Sefton last week off the bay. The seller had a low start price and it only had 2 bids at the end. I'm guessing it was because of the blood chit sewn on the back and the mothing of the knits which will require replacement, (the seller even provided the replacement knits and I have a seamstress who does a decent job sewing leather), and I factored the labor cost into my bid.

I was pretty excited when it arrived today. I wasn't sure of the fit, the last Sefton in sz 40 was spot on for me. That jacket had shorter than normal arms and torso, yet more than enough chest and shoulder room. I'm glad to report that sizing for Sefton is consistent , (unlike my experiences with other makers, which can vary from jacket to jacket, no matter what it's marked), this one was also short armed and shorter than average torso.

My last Sefton was more of a russet color and made from a pretty thick/heavy leather, perhaps cow hide or horse, I don't really know which animal. This jacket is a dark seal brown hide that appears to be a curious mixture of different mismatched grained hides. Some of it is goatish in texture, some of it is what I would call veiny, maybe horsey or moo cow who rubbed against barb wire. The weight/thickness of the leather is thinner/lighter than the previous russet colored hide. I kinda like the different grains going on. All in all I'm still impressed with Sefton manufactured A-2 jackets and if another comes up for sale, will have a go at it. If a plain unpatched/un-painted, russet, sz 40 comes up...that's what I really want to end up with. :p

Since this one already has a blood chit on the back, I was planning on patching it with either an ATC, CBI patch or a 14th AF, CBI, 23rd FG patch. :roll: What can I say, I like patched jackets.

drew parker

I seen the jacket you are talking about, it looks great. Glad it came out alright for you. I like painted jackets also.