• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANother Good Wear Dubow 20960

ties70

Bill,

I saw your post in the "compliments" thread....the creaking sound will go on for a little while!

To loosen up the jacket a little bit you should wear it in rain. Last week I made two short walks from the subway to my office and back, and these ten minutes of rain have done more for the "broken-in-look" on my GW AERO than years of wear have impacted any of my previous jackets.

Regards

Ties

PS: How are the knees doing? Guess how is coming home next Friday? On his own legs....

bfrench

Administrator
ties70 said:
Bill,

I saw your post in the "compliments" thread....the creaking sound will go on for a little while!

To loosen up the jacket a little bit you should wear it in rain. Last week I made two short walks from the subway to my office and back, and these ten minutes of rain have done more for the "broken-in-look" on my GW AERO than years of wear have impacted any of my previous jackets.

Regards

Ties

PS: How are the knees doing? Guess how is coming home next Friday? On his own legs....

Hi, Ties,

I have to apologize for the delay in replying - have company visiting along with a few other irons in the fire.

Really glad to hear that your Dad is well enough to finally get home - that will be a huge improvement for him.

As to the knees - left knee great - right knee not so great - having two replacements done just four months apart may have been just a bit much - probably should have waited much longer to do the right one - it's just physically exhausting and you don't bounce back as fast at 63.

But, hey, it's 100% better than last year when I had two legs with bone on bone and could barely walk - now it's just a matter of time for endurance to increase and then watch out - dirty dancing for sure. :D :D :D :D :D

Give your Dad our regards and tell him we're all cheering him on.

Bill French

Peter Graham

Hi Bill, no wonder you look like a happy camper. That's a beauty. Break it in in good health and show us the results. :)