• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another G-1

MikeyB-17

Well, I never do seem to be able to go for long without a G-1 in the cupboard, so I just nabbed this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Seems pretty good bar the knits. These folk have a few others for sale at the moment, mostly later dynel collar jobs. I saw a Sefton A-2 for sale earlier today, which I think was being sold by the same people, but I can't find it now, I assume somebody BIN'd it.

Congrats on the nice purchase and it's in such great shape. It seems to be a good time to buy a G-1, I've been seeing quite a few really nice ones go for a really decent price.

fedoralover

Curahee

Nice one there Mickey ! still looking crisp and new. Amazing what you
can find on e-bay sometimes, it really does look NOS
Shame about the cuffs and waistband though, are you going to send
it to Aero's ?

Believe it or not but I have one just like it on it's way to me, only
1 year younger from 1965 (folded over two ply waistband) Will post
pics to compare.

MikeyB-17

deeb7 said:
MikeyB-17 said:
I saw a Sefton A-2 for sale earlier today, which I think was being sold by the same people, but I can't find it now, I assume somebody BIN'd it.

No, it ended without a bid. The seller had 20 jackets listed, so I guess no one noticed it hiding amongst the FAI, and the Schotts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-2-Leather-Flight- ... 0411070448

At least you did well .....

Aaah, I wasn't dreaming then! I had a serious think about that one for a sec, Seftons have an excellent reputation, and they don't turn up that often. Finally decided I didn't need another A-2, and I was a bit iffy about the size. I imagine he'll relist it. Then the G-1 turned up, and I couldn't resist that one!

Jeroen, I'll make a decision regarding the knits when it arrives. Ordinarily if there's just a few holes I'm happy to do a bit of darning, but if the jacket's as well preserved as it looks, I might well be tempted to send it to Aero. It will indeed be interesting to compare it with your '65 when it arrives!

rpmooreii

Very nice! I have had a number of these and they are great wearers. The goat on this contract is more chocolate than seal and thick.
FWIW, I would definitely keep the orig knits... a bit of darning will clean them right up.