• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-J-4 use comparible to B-3 in 8AF

Tim P

Most crew pics of the 8th air force that show airmen in shearling show them in B-3 jackets. given that cotton and alpaca was coming into vogue, How much use did the AN-J-4 get in the ETO? (in tother words, is one a 'safe' jacket to have as an impression (I tend to think not)

MikeyB-17

I'm sure they were worn-I have seen pics of 8th AF personnel wearing them-not as common as the B-3, and how many actually were worn I have no idea, but they were issued in the ETO. I don't think it would be outside the realms to use in an impression.

zoomer

Just don't try and pass off your M-444...lighter weight shearling, zip-up collar and diamond-shaped elbows say "Navy" all the way, or else "I'm acting in a B movie." ;)
2348004931_5bec5c0115_o.jpg

zoomer

Just squint. :x Or strap a chute harness on me and put me in back of a machine gun. I'll look fine.