• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-j-2

RCSignals

I saw this referenced in an old thread but couldn't find any more. An Internet search brought up an offering by USWings which they also call a G-2.
Is the AN-J-2 a 'real' jacket or a modern marketing made up jacket?

ghq1

I think it's made up . .. like the W&G G-8 (Type 440)

I have a Cooper (Neil Cooper) with ANJ-2 tag and it's basically a G-1 with NO mouton collar and NO windflap. Nicely made but the sleeves are 3 piece construction.

A

Anonymous

The ANJ-3 was the model that was to be used for both Army and Navy, but was an experimental jacket that was never really issued in any quantity. It was a ANJ-3A without a fur collar. I think

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Is the AN-J-2 a 'real' jacket or a modern marketing made up jacket?

The AN-J-2 (AN6551) is a very light flying jacket in khaki cotton. It replaced the M421, and is contemporary with the intermediate AN-J-3A/AN6552.

RCSignals

So the AN-J-2 is a real jacket, but not leather like the offerings such as USWings has.

I can't find any photos of such AN-J-2. Does it look like USWings jacket only in cloth?

Anyone who can direct me to photos?