• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-6552 on eBay

tda003

I get messages from eBay about things they hope I'll be interested in and they normally are immediately deleted. This, however peaked y interest. It's an AN-6552 flight jacket. I''d not seen one before. This one is in remarkably good shape, probably because it's a size 36 and I don't recall ever seeing a Naval aviator that size. It's likely to be of interest to a collector, which I am realistically not. It is, however, a fitting addition to the excellent collection of photos of other members jackets posted here. So I'm posting it.
AN-6552.1.jpg
AN-6552.2.jpg
AN-6552.3.jpg
AN-6552.4.jpg
AN-6552.5.jpg
AN-6552.6.jpg
AN-6552.7.jpg
AN-6552.8.jpg
AN-6552.9.jpg

MaydayWei

Hahaha thanks for thinking of me @mulceber ;)
I've already seen it. Unfortunately its a 38 not a 36.
But for anyone interested, the seller started at 1500 USD, made offers to those following the listing at 1200 USD.
Recently dropped the price to 1300 USD too.
So, with a little patience, I've a feeling you could get it for a flat 1000, or less; if you time your offer right. ;)

Chandler

That jacket is in outstanding condition -- at least compared with my own AN.

I'd almost suspect the collar to be a replacement, but since the rest of the piece is so clean, I'd have to wonder.

tda003

If it were in a larger size, I'd be very tempted. However, if I ever get to that size, I'll be too week to put it on.