• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"American made jacket for Russian army"???

Roughwear

The jacket was made in the USA between 1941 - 1945 under the Lend Lease Agreement.

This meant that the USA supplied the Allied Nations with vast amounts of War Material(whilst not being involved in the war at that time). They supplied the Russian Army with a total of 11.3 Billion.

These jackets were included in this allowance, and were worn by the Russian pilots during the war.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0538987480

Wild claims or facts? :roll:
You learn new facts everyday on Ebay. ;)

rich

I have listed everything I possibly know about this stunning jacket, but if anyone out there can enlighten me further, please feel free to let me know.

There you go Andrew, feel free........ ;)

CHECK6

These jacket looks like a postWW2 RAF jacket,the Russian pilots used to wear IRVINS
????????????????
FAB

Andrew

Probably just another example of sales pitch intended to help the sale price. It does sound like a load of rubbish.

havocpaul

Total bull****!
Yes the Air Ministry did supply a number of Irvins to the Soviets as can be seen in wartime photos but this is one of those post-war civvie jackets that can be found around bootfairs still.

Roughwear

Yesterday I asked the seller for the evidence to back up his wild claims, but guess what, he has not replied. I'm glad the concensus here its a post War jacket. My immediate thoughts were this is total b/s-just a civilian 50s/60s sheepskin jacket. :roll:

I found one of these on a military collectors sight out of an eastblock country some months back. I posed this same question then to the forum back then and got no reply. I figured if you guys hadn't heard about these Lend-Lease jackets, then they most likely didn't exist. I asked the seller to provide some proof, historical document, contract, or some information to help me research these jackets and a USA-Russian Lend Lease program. Googling kept leading me to his site and he never got back to me.

If it happened it must have been after Hilter broke the Molotov- Ribentrop Pact with Operation Barbarossa and attacked Russian in the summer of 1941.

m444uk

The only foreign shearlings I've seen in Russian documentary footage are Irvins. These may have been supplied in some quantity despite the Russians having their own sheepskin lined coats.
The Russians had 3 all female bomber squadrons and the footage shows them wearing newly issued Irvins.
I've also seen footage of the battle Seelow Heights outside Berlin, the last major engagement of the war. An air force officer is briefing the top brass wearing an Irvin.