• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALSEC patch with cartoon PBY

ties70

Hi,

here is my latest patch.

Alsec_TK.jpg

The idea first came up when Marcel posted photos of the wooden case he has bought some months ago...
two.jpg

We have been talking about doing the old design as a larger patch for the back of a jacket....nevertheless, I wanted to try how many details I could put into a regular breast patch, first.

Ties

dujardin

hello Ties,

so, the patch you did is the size of a breast patch; well done, splendid. as always.
everything is present except the Seabees design which is too detailled to reproduce at that size.
your color variant give good results.
i will write you concerning my larger one.

splendid work
see you next
marcel

ghq1

dujardin said:
hello Ties,

everything is present except the Seabees design which is too detailed to reproduce at that size.

This reminds me of that great scene in Catch Me If You Can where DiCaprio soaks off the Pan Am logos from model planes to affix them to his forged company paychecks.

You could find a Seabees model aircraft decal and stick it on your Catalina

ced32038preview_1.jpg

dujardin

better duck said:
great work Ties, and only 300 km from where I live!

hello Peter,

yes, it's ''close'' to us....
maybe a day we will fix a rendez-vous together to visit our german friend

must be great, Ties have the schnaps, i bring beer, and you bring heuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... cheese :p

byeeeee marcel