• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Airborne A2’s

B-Man2

Hi Guys!
I’ve always been interested in US Airborne A2 jackets . It’s an area of collecting that is often overlooked when discussing flight jackets . Understandably so, as they are rare and difficult to find in any condition. The fact that they were only issued to officers, makes them even more rare . Of course we’ve all seen the 506th Easy Co repro A2’s that are available, but I’m hoping that if anyone finds some photos of other original or repro airborne A2’s you’ll post them here. I appreciate any photos you guys come up with. Thanks
I’ll start it off with this original beauty.
0E947F0F-98C8-4D9C-9768-357705B8F470.jpeg

Flightengineer

WWII BRIGADIER GENERAL JAMES GAVIN’s JACKET. 82nd AIRBORNE, 505th PARACHUTE INFANTRY REGIMENT. 1943. TAG “TYPE A-2, DWG.NO 30H1415, A.C…., ORDER NO. 42-5 42, PROPERTY, AIR FORCE, U.S. ARMY AERO LEATHER C.O. CO. BEACON, N.Y.” AWARDED TWO DISTINGUISHED SERVICE CROSSES. ACQUIRED FROM TEXAS MUSEUM OF MILITARY HISTORY

GG1.jpg

GG5.jpg

GG4.jpg

GG3.jpg

B-Man2

here's a cool vid that came across my feed the other day

I was at this museum and saw the Major Richard Winters collection as well as several other collections . It’s well worth the time to stop by here if you’re ever in the area . There is no entry fee and the museum owner is friendly and ready to discuss his collections .
I highly recommend seeing the place .

Silver Surfer

I keep on coming back to the Gavin jacket because of the unique layered leather patches, which is something of a rarity. For the most part airborne patch work was sewn on cloth embroidered type. Wonder if he had them made for his jacket in North Africa. They do not look English made, state side made, or Italian. Mysteriouso.