• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero waiting list

johnnynotoes-1

I ordered a Highwayman on the 9th of Dec. from Mark. Just wondering if ordering at this time of year jacks up the queue due to employee holidays. Mind you, by all means, rest well those crafty little seamsters! What's a normal wait for customers across the pond?

A

Anonymous

You're waiting 9 months for a Good Wear !!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that Aero are a bigger operation but they have to staff to the average order load and Christmas is always a busy time. Even the so-called 'big companies aren't exactly industrial in scale. And as with all jobs that require craftsmen/women, increasing the number of employees is difficult with training them up etc.

I was talking with Amanda early Nov about a jacket and she said to me back then that even if I ordered then I might be tight for a pre-Christmas delivery. You then have a 2 week shutdown to factor in.

We all agree that quality is worth waiting for so try to be patient and relish the anticipation ! :D

Dave :ugeek:

John Lever

Not sure if this helps but here are some observations.
Weak pound means Aero and Eastman are at their busiest ever.
Paying by cash gets very fast delivery.
I waited 9 months for my 30's bike jacket from Aero.[still waiting for a replacement even though it's paid for]
From ELC stock items despatched next post, otherwise 3 weeks.
Material costs are set to rise

Lowflyer

John Lever said:

How's that? Are we talking online order here? Because I can't really see why it would take any longer if you pay with your credit/debit card.

John Lever

Lowflyer said:
John Lever said:

How's that? Are we talking online order here? Because I can't really see why it would take any longer if you pay with your credit/debit card.

Just stating a fact. I seem to get very fast service if I pay by real money. Cash sent in a secure insured packet seems to do the trick. Just phone and say it's on it's way.

Lowflyer

John Lever said:
Just stating a fact. I seem to get very fast service if I pay by real money. Cash sent in a secure insured packet seems to do the trick. Just phone and say it's on it's way.

Bugger! Had I known that I would've paid my Aero A-2 by cash..... maybe it would've been quicker than the actual 6-8 weeks...... :roll:

A

Anonymous

My last three jackets from ELC (all Buzz Ricksons and in stock) arrived within three working days from placing the online (credit card) orders. One of them withing 2......

Dave :ugeek:

John Lever

I think the main consideration is whether the jacket is in stock. If not, then it has to be made to order and that has taken about 3 weeks from ELC.

Vcruiser

I just ordered a slightly customized Bootlegger Jan. 15. Amanda said that it would be done in eight weeks(no holidays). Utility jackets seem to take longer. Although several years ago..I received one in three weeks.
Van

Lowflyer

Vcruiser said:
I just ordered a slightly customized Bootlegger Jan. 15. Amanda said that it would be done in eight weeks(no holidays). Utility jackets seem to take longer. Although several years ago..I received one in three weeks.
Van

I guess it's as John Lever said, the fact that the pound sterling is REALLY low right now may give ELC and Aero more orders than usually around this time of the year.....

The fact that the pound is that low was one of the reasons I bought my A-2 now, I get the same jacket for about 420 Euros direct from Aero as opposed to 800 Euros in Germany (in Cologne to be precise) at a shop in that sells the whole Aero range.....

John Lever

Lowflyer said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

I guess it's as John Lever said, the fact that the pound sterling is REALLY low right now may give ELC and Aero more orders than usually around this time of the year.....

The fact that the pound is that low was one of the reasons I bought my A-2 now, I get the same jacket for about 420 Euros direct from Aero as opposed to 800 Euros in Germany (in Cologne to be precise) at a shop in that sells the whole Aero range.....
Aero is very popular in Germany, but way over priced ! Just look at what German sellers are asking for used jacket these days, some are over 500 Euros, much more than the ex factory cost.

Lowflyer

To be honest, I don't even see why somebody (who has done a little research on Aero) would buy from one of the German sellers anyway.... even with shipping and everything it's still going to get you waaay cheaper to buy direct from Aero than some retailer in Germany.....

markc

I spoke to Will at Aero the other day (was paying for a lining repair that was ready - which took over a month, by the way). He was saying that they've never been busier. I think that,as John said, the low pound means that there are lots of US and Japanese sales going through at the moment.

I'm currently awaiting a B6 from them and his best guess is "definitely before April" although I'm hoping for sooner :D

He said that, for custom jobs - like mine, it's difficult to give a month, let alone a date.

On the other hand - they aren't selling much of the other stuff on their site (Jeans, etc.) So - swings and roundabouts I guess.

Cheers,

jacketimp

markc said:
I spoke to Will at Aero the other day (was paying for a lining repair that was ready - which took over a month, by the way). He was saying that they've never been busier. I think that,as John said, the low pound means that there are lots of US and Japanese sales going through at the moment.

I'm currently awaiting a B6 from them and his best guess is "definitely before April" although I'm hoping for sooner :D

He said that, for custom jobs - like mine, it's difficult to give a month, let alone a date.

On the other hand - they aren't selling much of the other stuff on their site (Jeans, etc.) So - swings and roundabouts I guess.

Cheers,

marc,

you mention lining repair.....was it for a full reline of just reinforcing the worn bits?

also what's the cost like?

cheers.

markc

you mention lining repair.....was it for a full reline of just reinforcing the worn bits?

It was a full lining replacement (on a 1950s bomber) plus cuff knits. It has also had (in addition) reinforcement around the bottom of the lining (about 6" of cordurouy around and above the waist).

I originally had Alpaca wool - which I wore through in 18 months and so have now got heavy duty cotton drill (definitely thicker than was in the sleeve linings before - he returned the old lining as is typical of Aero) in order that it lasts a bit longer. It will probably be a bit cooler - but that means I can wear it longer in Summer and I'm getting a B6 - so who needs 2 warm ones?

Cost was £50 (which is, I believe, standard for lining and knits).

As a very kind gesture Will also threw in a Talon (may be a repro) zip - I think because it had taken so long!

Cheers,

jacketimp

markc said:

It was a full lining replacement (on a 1950s bomber) plus cuff knits. It has also had (in addition) reinforcement around the bottom of the lining (about 6" of cordurouy around and above the waist).

I originally had Alpaca wool - which I wore through in 18 months and so have now got heavy duty cotton drill (definitely thicker than was in the sleeve linings before - he returned the old lining as is typical of Aero) in order that it lasts a bit longer. It will probably be a bit cooler - but that means I can wear it longer in Summer and I'm getting a B6 - so who needs 2 warm ones?

Cost was £50 (which is, I believe, standard for lining and knits).

As a very kind gesture Will also threw in a Talon (may be a repro) zip - I think because it had taken so long!

Cheers,

marc,

aero's the way to go......can't go wrong for £50-materials and labour, right?

much obliged,

imp