• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aero vintage HH compared to FQHH

injunjack

I'm strongly considering ordering a jacket from Aero.

I'd like to get input on the difference of these two leathers.

Amanda said Vintage HH is tumbled, so it's a bit softer, and not so shiny as FQHH.

Is there more differences I should be aware of?

And Black is only option here. :mrgreen:

Jack

A

Anonymous

Jack,
There is a vintage brown too or are you saying that black is your only preference ?

I've only seen samples in the flesh and it's true that the vintage is more matt in finish. Will at Aero tells me that the tumbling does about 50% of the breaking-in work for you which with FQHH is not a bad thing. Basically it's more pliable from the word go.

I've just ordered an Aero Trail rider in Vintage black FQHH but it won't get to me until just before Christmas. I'll be posting photos once I've received it.

Good luck !!
Dave

Vcruiser

Vintage HH is,indeed,FQHH...but is more "relaxed"...pliable right out of the box compared to Aero's regular FQHH. In my view.."vintage" HH is much easier to wear..especially on a motorcycle. I traded an Aero MC jacket(purchased from eBay)back to Aero partually because the regular FQHH was going to be a bear to break in..and I didn't care to sacrifice comfort while riding for a few months to do so. However..if it had fit better(slightly too short in body length)I probably would have kept it since it was so nice. However..the Vintage HH turned out to be a good move for me.
Here's pics of my Vintage HH Aero "Levi" '30s style jacket in black(not for MC riding). It looks shinier due to flash...but perhaps will give you some idea of the difference....

100_0407.jpg

100_0409.jpg

Van

Vcruiser

..Keep in mind that different batches...or runs of "Vintage HH" can be slightly different. Some a little more matte..and grainier.
Here's a pic of another of my "Vintage" HH jackets in brown....

100_0412.jpg

Van

injunjack

Yes, I meant to say that black is the preferred color. Leather jackets and boots MUST be black :eek:

I knew they are both FQHH....

And if I get the money gathered, I'll order the jacket in Vintage HH. I have been swapping mails with Amanda a week now, and I think I pretty much know what I want and what they will do.

Dave, I was thinking of trailrider myself also. Very good choice. I'm going full custom job route...Looking forward of pics.

Thanks
Jack