• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AERO Real Deal US 48 in seal brown for sale...

ties70

Hi,

I just put my AERO Real Deal on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0301612770

AEROBW.jpg

If you are interested and need further information just let me know.

Ties

HI,
Would you verify the sleeve length on your jacket? Is it 22.5 from the should seam? That seems a little short for this jacket.
Regards,
Joe

ties70

Joe,

I am going to re-measure the sleeves but yes, I think it is 22.5" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve (leather only, the cuff is not measured).

I`ll check it as soon as I come home.

Ties

ties70

Joe,

mea culpa!!

I have measured again and yes, it is slightly longer: Slightly more than 23 inches...

Ties

better duck

Ties,
If you don't mind my asking: why do you get rid of this jacket? It seems like a beautiful specimen to me.

ties70

Peter,

thanks a lot!

The jacket really is a beauty..and perfectly made by "Edith" of AERO Leather. The jacket is the first real quality repro I have bought.

In the meantime I have bought two GW A-2 jacket and a GW A-1. They get more "wear time" then the AERO. They are slightly longer in the torso and I like that more...

But hey... let's just see how the auction runs. Maybe my wife makes me keep it ;) She likes the AERO best 'cause of the soft leather and the reddish undertones.

Ties

Hi Ties,
Thanks for checking on those sleeves for me. One more question-is this horse or steer-doesn't look like goat? couldn't find that anywhere in the listing but my German is nicht sehr gut!
Joe

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
sideshowjoe said:
... One more question-is this horse or steer-doesn't look like goat? couldn't find that anywhere in the listing but my German is nicht sehr gut!

Joe, 'Real Deal' is jerky horsehide.

When I looked the description was also in English ... here's the Q & A.

Q: I'm not quite sure with the size of the jacket, and whether they would fit me. Can you give me maybe the size of photo models (size, weight, arm length), because it seems to fit perfectly. Unfortunately, the original cuts of these jackets very stressed and physically close. Thank you very much. Jan-12-09

A: Hi, the jacket belongs to myself, as far as I can tell you quite a bit more to say. I am by the shape rather broad in the shoulder and chest area, without too much stomach. The U.S. is a size 48 with slightly shortened sleeves and fits my 1,80 m at around 100 kg ideal. Certainly, the jacket modeled after the original cut ... AERO contracts from the war years, but for its simple interface known as the torso and the shoulders are cut more than in many other manufacturers. Many greetings, Ties

ties70

David,

thanks for helping!

I was so focused on posting all the pictures that I took common knowledge about the specifications of the AERO Real Deal 42-15142 for granted....

@ Joe:
Yes, the jacket is made from horsehide. Butter soft, slightly mismatched, with really nice grain.

Regards,

Ties