• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero RAF.

riopaulf

If you do get an Irvin and you live somewhere nippy, make sure you invest in a good submariner jumper as well. Irvins are shortish jackets - remember they were part of the Irvin suit so designed to be worn with matching sheepskin trousers and most importantly to be worn whilst sitting down - so you need something longer and warm to stop the top of your arse, and if the wind blows, your kidneys freezing. Most go for a form of the Royal Navy Submariner roll neck jumper as worn by first RAF ace of the war, Cobber Kain or Whatshisname Shaw in the Battle of Britain film.

Looking at several jackets, and trying to decide... I’m a 42 chest, but wondering if I’d get away with a 40 for a tighter fit? I understand they are cut rather generously?

Good info above [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smithy

Good God no man!!!!

Irvins are not meant to be worn fitted, in fact they look bloody silly that way. They were designed to be worn over several layers: SD, BD, jumpers, etc, and they're one of those jackets that look better slightly looser than fitted.

With Eastman for example it's best to go up one size from your chest size. Can't speak for Aero but send Ken a PM as he'll be able to help.