• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leathers

Aerosquad

Not sure if you were asking me but I returned the B6 Redskin after almost a year. Wore one season and continued to notice bald spots. You had the correct person as the US rep, but I had to argue with him to get the jacket back to Scotland. They at least looked at a picture and agreed that there should not have been big bald patches. The US rep gave me the old' they wear just like the originals'. I sent him pictures of WWII originals, and an Aero original, with less wear. Everytime I put the jacket on I notice another crack in the finish among other issues. Like most of us I am fond of my jackets so am extremely disappointed. I dont want to bash anyone or a company but would like what I paid a lot for.

Aerosquad

Haven't you guys checked out the buy/sell section ? Aero has a dozen originals Irvins for sale and same # of A2's...all small buy the way. Why not buy an original? Has to hold up better than Aero's repos.

A

Anonymous

you mean the finish is flaking off?
or just wears off at points of friction?

(I once had a cockpit jacket and the finish was flaking off and the color underneath was like yellow like that spearhead monarch)

regius

my two months' old redskin D-1 is showing "authentic wear", the horsehide strip on the back, right in the center of the crossroad, is ripping off. i bought this from the sales page, in fact, this jacket is still on there marked SOLD. Aero's reason for rejection is the sheepskin surface cracking, but that doesn't bother me.

I know a skilled leather restorationist and jacket maker here in Manhattan, so I am taking it to him first for a check up.

Aerosquad

Hi Regius !

Thats the same issue I had w/ the Redskin B6. Also the shearling wearing away on the cuffs after a few weeks and being too tight. Again, I wear a 42 but always buy 44s to get a sweater under neath etc. BTW I sent an e-mail to Aero about the whole affair because I saw where they are taking a new direction. I got an almost immeadiate response and will let you guys know how I make out. This could be a turning point !
I am in Westchester County and travel into Manhattan often. Where is there a jacket restorer in NY ?

unclegrumpy

Peter Graham said:
Platon, what's with the avatar, are you sponsored by burger king ? If so, it's bad form to advertise here.
Chill out dude, I think the new Corporate sponsorship agreement between BK & BK is a good thing!

It finally lets the cat out of the bag....so to speak.....regarding exactly where his new hides are coming from! :eek:

images

Marv

unclegrumpy said:
Peter Graham said:
Platon, what's with the avatar, are you sponsored by burger king ? If so, it's bad form to advertise here.
Chill out dude, I think the new Corporate sponsorship agreement between BK & BK is a good thing!

It finally lets the cat out of the bag....so to speak.....regarding exactly where his new hides are coming from! :eek:

images

Now that's funny !!! :D