• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leathers

Andreart

Has anyone here having a bad experience with Aero lately. the halfbelt i got is turning out tobe a total POS and i'm not getting the responsive feed back from the factory like usual. I know about all the crap that's been going on but this is getting to be B.S. on a grand scale.

Jeff M

Have you posted this over at the Fedora Lounge?
I know Aero plays an active part in the discussions there....you may get some results. (If you can massage your message enough as to not tick off the Aero fans there and start a war! :eek: )

Dr H

Good luck with that... :roll:
Alan, are you still available for an Aero liaison mission on the FL? ;)

Andreart

I sure hope so. I know there swamped over there but i don't want to have this lingering about. The jackets nice mind you, but its wearing out too fast. the finish is coming off all over the place on all the high spots, the side buckles are on backwards, so the adjustment wont stay put, the pocket corners are cracking and now the hand pocket lining has a hole in it. i've only been wearing it since November. i have MANY leathers, (4 Aeros as well), I love Aero, but none have worn like this. Not every one wants a custom leather jacket to look worn out in a couple of months. if i wanted a "vintage" look, i would have bought a 70 year old coat.

petermack09

It does seem strange for any high end jacket to show so many flaws,,what hide is used for your jacket,,thanks

coalman

petermack09 said:
It does seem strange for any high end jacket to show so many flaws,,what hide is used for your jacket,,thanks

By the sound of its either a old one thats been re coated then sold to Aero or a very sub standard new one, either way its a sad state of affairs that a company is not replying to a reasonable complaint in a reasonable time, regarding an item which has clearly not gone through any quality checks at all at any stage from goods recieved through its manufacture to dispach by the sound of it.
This does not go too well for a company who is highly regarded by so many on both the FL and here yet who's good reputation has been damaged of late, as we know good reputations are earned through hard work, good service, good standards and takes time, yet can be lost in minutes.
I certainly hope this is sorted out as soon as possible by Aero for the sake of all concerned.

Andreart

petermack09 said:

I had it made from mid weight seal jerky horsehide, didnt want the super heavy stuff. its apparently a spray finish that rubs off easy. looks like a redye from the undercoat color, very close to a russet.

Andreart

Jeff M said:
Have you posted this over at the Fedora Lounge?
I know Aero plays an active part in the discussions there....you may get some results. (If you can massage your message enough as to not tick off the Aero fans there and start a war! :eek: )

no, dont want to get into a big scuffle, just want them to respond to my e-mails prompty so i can return it.

Aerosquad

This is typical of what I have wwent through with Aero. Its been a few years now that i have complained about a B6 Redskin which I had to send back twice. After the second time I gave up. Now I have an ill fitting jacket that shows more bald spots everytime I wear it. The US rep at the time said' some people are never satisfied'. He didn't say that when I was spending $750. Of course he no longer exists as the US rep. I wonder why ...?

Dr H

If it's the person that I think you mean, then he was never the US rep...
(i.e. he had no link with the company)

Jeff M

Aerosquad said:
This is typical of what I have wwent through with Aero. Its been a few years now that i have complained about a B6 Redskin which I had to send back twice. After the second time I gave up. Now I have an ill fitting jacket that shows more bald spots everytime I wear it. The US rep at the time said' some people are never satisfied'. He didn't say that when I was spending $750. Of course he no longer exists as the US rep. I wonder why ...?

Just to expand on what Dr. H said....Mark Moye was never the "Aero US Rep".
He carved an interesting position out for himself.
He was a private vender who placed orders for customers with Aero. A middle man where none was needed.
Never worked for Aero.

Andreart

Jeff M said:
Aerosquad said:

Just to expand on what Dr. H said....Mark Moye was never the "Aero US Rep".
He carved an interesting position out for himself.
He was a private vender who placed orders for customers with Aero. A middle man where none was needed.
Never worked for Aero.

i remember that one. i bought mine through Aero direct right about the time when all hell was breaking loose with will and amanda...bad timing i guess.

A

Anonymous

how can you return a jacket that you wore since November.
you mean return for repairs?

Andreart

PLATON said:
how can you return a jacket that you wore since November.
you mean return for repairs?

if they can repair it, and the finish is coming off...much too fast for two months. i have jackets i've worn for two years and dont have a fraction of the wear this thing has. for over $1,000 US and $60 bucks shipping i better get more than repairs. at this point a refund will suffice as well.