• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather visit

Sideslip

As a winter break Plan C (A and B were stopped by Omicron), we are spending a week in Scotland. I ordered an Irvin from Aero (Chloe was exceptionally helpful and patient) some weeks ago and hope to pick it up in person on Monday as it seemed silly not to. An opportunity to see the showroom as well which is still open… for now…

Will let you know how things go!

Spitfireace

Was there in Edinburgh two years ago October. Was looking at the sign in the roundabout saying Galashiels 50 km, and was thinking about going, but really didn't have the time as I was only there for two days. I was in Glasgow for four days, I should have switched it up and taken four days in Edinburgh instead then I could have gone to Aero for a visit.

Flash Badger

Being from Edinburgh I’ve been there a few times. Don’t take your wallet and if all else fails, take your wife as there is temptation EVERYWHERE!! Aside from Aero that part of Scotland is beautiful and not hugely touristy. I actually prefer going to the borders rather than the highlands when I’m home, feels like the Scotland I remember as a kids when tourism wasn’t everything.

Spitfireace

Being from Edinburgh I’ve been there a few times. Don’t take your wallet and if all else fails, take your wife as there is temptation EVERYWHERE!! Aside from Aero that part of Scotland is beautiful and not hugely touristy. I actually prefer going to the borders rather than the highlands when I’m home, feels like the Scotland I remember as a kids when tourism wasn’t everything.
:Yes thankyou. I went to the border of the Highlands and Lowlands. Distillery in the Highland but across the border the oak barrels.

Spitfireace

20191015_164708.jpg

Sideslip

I popped up to Aero in Galashiels in January 2020 to commit to a Late War Irvin repro. I was made very welcome at the factory and yes there’s temptation everywhere but the area is great. Good enough for the Romans I recall (there’s a fort nearby)
So I committed to a merino and notwithstanding the excellent comparison by John and Burt’s conclusion, hope that it will work for me! I also hope that it will be possible to visit the factory and if possible meet Ken (I say this as everyday brings new covid restrictions it seems), although the people I have spoken with there by email and phone have all been great, making me feel like a valued customer.
We head up to The Trossarchs after the visit.

Members online

Latest posts