• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather Scotland Aero Flight series A-2 type Jacket

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
DUBOWA2 said:
Whats the story on Aero Scotland Aero Flight A-2 type jackets ,The seller tells me that they were only made for 2 years .The label is marked aero Flight are these the ones they had made in India ? .Here is the jacket up on ebay

I think they were made for longer than two years ... they were the budget, house brand, this one appears to be steerhide.

The Indian made ones were the same deal, in seal, or russet goatskin.

A

Anonymous

Thanks David ,so this is a Scottish made Jacket in house .

Rgds Jeff

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
jacketimp said:
.............as in must de cartier, mastah david?

Yes, using a premium brand name to market a budget line ... changing it enough so that the connection is recognisable, whilst still keeping it at arms length.

Burnsie

The Aero Flight Manf label was used on any budget or limited edition A-2 for years (all goat or steer I believe) - the jacket in my avatar was the limited edition 2004 chocolate steerhide with this label. It was said to be made in Scotland using all the Anniversary model components w/ a different hide.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guy for your input much appreciated .

All the best Jeff

endwahl

I have one of these in what they called "jerky" horsehide, slightly mismatched. My understanding is the Aero Flight label was used for a number of reduced-price jackets, including jackets made by novice sewers, as well as the indian goat and others.