• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather Clothing 1140CL1789

Berche

Hello people, I'm new here, pleased to meet you. Today, I spontaneously bought this jacket and hope to get some answers from you. Is this a reproduction, how old is it, where was it produced, or is it simply a Chinese fake? I'm looking forward to your responses.
IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7872.JPG
    IMG_7872.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 50

mulceber

Looks like an early Aero Irvin repro - they're made in Britain. The company still exists and is thriving. They just made (some of) the jackets for Masters of the Air.

B-Man2

As Mulceber said … it looks like an older reproduction of an Irvin jacket made by the Aero Leather Company . I suggest that you lay it out flat, so we can see the front and back of the jacket . Your bundled up photos of the jacket leave a lot of room for error in identifying the maker and model of the jacket. I’m sure your next question is going to be “ What’s its value?” So the answer to that is “whatever someone is willing to pay for it“.
The two added zippered pockets are not on authentic repros of the original jacket and therefore reduce the value of the jacket to anyone other than someone who just wants to buy a warm jacket.

Berche

Hahaha, yeah, it would be great if you could tell me how much the jacket is worth, but that's not my primary concern. I want to sell it again because it doesn't really fit me. However, I want to make sure of what I'm offering here. So, whether I'm asking 30 euros for a China fake or the jacket is reasonably authentic. I'm not really familiar with the subject, but I find your input really interesting. Hope these picture are better...
IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7874.JPG

B-Man2

Much better photos and our call was spot on. It’s an early repro of a WWII Irvin Flight jacket. Whoever originally ordered and owned the jacket had Aero add two front pockets with zips that were never on an original WWII Irvin jacket . As a reproduction of an original Irvin jacket, it has significantly less value than if the pockets were never added. If you’re determined to put a value on the jacket I’d suggest you look at the Aero Leather website to see what the jacket currently sells for, then watch EBay to see what an authentic ( no zipped pockets) used Aero Irvin sells for, and then you’ll come up with a ball park price of value . Remember to knock a $100.00 off of your estimated value due to the added pockets .
Any help ? ….. Confused ? …… let me know if you need more help.
PS if you’re confused eliminate step one and just go right to eBay and see what they’re selling for and then adjust your asking price .

Berche

Thank you so much, guys. I would say this conversation was already worth the purchase of the jacket, no matter how much I get for it on eBay. Have a great evening.