• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather Barnstormer in Brown FQHH

Smithy

flyboy said:
Great pics, Tim. It looks rather heavy/solid and a tad on the stiff side - How is it in real life?

Hi Søren,

It weighs about 2.6 - 2.7kg but it's actually very comfortable to wear. This is my first FQHH jacket and I'd heard some comments that this stuff was like a suit of armour and I'll admit I was a tad anxious before getting it, but my experience is very different. Yes it's substantial stuff but not overly stiff certainly not to the point of being uncomfortable or heavily restrictive to movement. It's quite paradoxical just explaining it ;) , hugely strong but very wearable if that makes sense. It is also the most beautiful looking leather, the photos don't do it justice at all.

I love it and I've had so many comments wearing it :)

Tim

eggleman

Great looking coat ...
got yourself a bargain.
What I love about FQHH is the way it becomes less stiff within a few minutes of wearing ,
as the waxes in the hide soften.
Leave it in the cold and you can stand them up on their own.
And the older it gets , the better it looks as the patina develops..
I managed to pick-up a modified Aero Barnstormer off ebay , which had never been fitted with a belt.
I find this has a bit less of the flying corps look .
Enjoy it , and the only thing to worry about is whether or not you're going to use Pecards on it ?

Smithy

eggleman said:
Great looking coat ...
got yourself a bargain.
What I love about FQHH is the way it becomes less stiff within a few minutes of wearing ,
as the waxes in the hide soften.
Leave it in the cold and you can stand them up on their own.
And the older it gets , the better it looks as the patina develops..
I managed to pick-up a modified Aero Barnstormer off ebay , which had never been fitted with a belt.
I find this has a bit less of the flying corps look .
Enjoy it , and the only thing to worry about is whether or not you're going to use Pecards on it ?

Thanks Eggleman. I love it. Winter has well and truly hit here in Melbourne and this is getting a lot of wear in the daytime with the ELC Irvin being dragged out in the evenings.