• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather Barnstormer in Brown FQHH

Smithy

First off, apologies to those members who may have seen this over at TFL and not sure how much interest there is here for this style of offering but thought I'd post this over here as well on the off chance ;)

Just got this today, an Aero Leather Barnstormer in brown FQHH. This is my first Aero jacket and also my first FQHH and I can now see why people have raved about this hide, it really is a stunningly beautiful leather. This jacket has had two previous owners although both of them hardly ever wore it so it's virtually as new. Got it from a lovely chap in Denmark for less than a quarter of the price of a brand new one. This is a size 40 and with the cotton drill lining (which is what I was after) rather than the usual alpaca fleece lining. It is simply the perfect fit and to be honest I'm thrilled, within seconds of putting it on it has become my favourite jacket.

The photos are quickly done but I'll post more if anyone is interested.

AB_zps9d3fc752.jpg

AB1_zps5ca04640.jpg

AB2_zps1e01010f.jpg

AB3_zps85ac5c14.jpg

AB4_zpse96fee0a.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

Rutger

I'd be interested in some as worn pics as well, I'm curious how they look when worn. For a quarter of the new price that does sound like an excellent deal, especially if it's the perfect fit.
Guess you got to visit some biplane fest and have yourself pictured next to one?

CBI

Looks great, I could never wear this in the mid-South. Its a totally out of place style here.

wish I could .....................

Dr H

CBI said:
Looks great, I could never wear this in the mid-South. Its a totally out of place style here.

wish I could .....................

...nor in the mid-South on England.
...must be a mid-southern thing. ;)

flyboy

Joined the Royal Flying Corps now, eh? ;)
Congrats on a great looking jacket. Hope to see it up here soon.

Smithy

flyboy said:

It was either that or the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps :cool:

I think there's a good chance you'll see it next year Soren ;)

Thanks for the comments chaps,

Tim

flyboy

Smithy said:
flyboy said:

It was either that or the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps :cool:

I think there's a good chance you'll see it next year Soren ;)

Thanks for the comments chaps,

Tim

I would have gone for the Women's Balloons ;)

Skip

Very nice Smithy, reckon that would fit the streets of Melbourne quite well. Is it a heavy jacket?

Smithy

flyboy said:
I would have gone for the Women's Balloons ;)

Not for me Soren, in the end the uniform wasn't as snazzy and I don't have the legs for a skirt ;)

Hi Skip,

It weighs around 2.7kg which I don't find a problem in the slightest. Wore it all day today and it was an absolute joy!

Cheers,

Tim

Smithy

dmar836 said:
Love the look. You could skip the biplane and get an old moto.
I'd wear it!
Dave

Thanks Dave. Wore it today in my old, classic Merc but sadly it's not convertible.

Maybe I need to splash out on a Morgan, pre-war Riley Imp, Bentley or Aston. Might need to pick up a lottery ticket though :D

I'll take a few snaps tomorrow of the jacket being worn so will post those here.

Cheers,

Tim

Smithy

Otter said:
Might I add Caterham 7 to the list?

You certainly may!

I love Lotus 7s in all their different guises.

Back in 2002 in Auckland, NZ I worked just round the corner from this automotive/aviation shop and they had a BRG Fraser with Superlites there for sale. I used to go in most lunch times to drool. So I have a very big soft spot for Frasers

http://www.fraser.co.nz/

Smithy

Hello all,

As asked for, here's some pics of my Barnstormer being worn. For the record, I'm wearing an old, heavy gauge cotton rugby jersey underneath.

I hope they give some idea of the fit of these jackets. For me, this jacket is bang on size-wise and true to my normal jacket size (40)

Cheers,

Tim

barnstormer4_zpsec444085.jpg

barnstormer5_zpsa07979e4.jpg