• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Aero Leather ' B-6

Roughwear

This original Aero B-6 would be fine for display, but not for general wear as they can explode so easily. The price is a little steep taking into account the repairs.

JDAM

Roughwear said:
This original Aero B-6 would be fine for display, but not for general wear as they can explode so easily. The price is a little steep taking into account the repairs.

Yeah, you are probably right. In addition to the cuffs, I only just noticed the other repairs (side buckle straps?) and the zip seems to have been replaced too. Next.

Roughwear

I used to own one from the same 1943 contract, which was a little small for me as a size 40. I was always worried about damaging it so it has found another home now!

asiamiles

JDAM said:
Yeah, you are probably right. In addition to the cuffs, I only just noticed the other repairs (side buckle straps?) and the zip seems to have been replaced too. Next.
Some Aero B-6's had straps rather than zippered waist tighteners, so it's likely they are original to the jacket.

Vcruiser

asiamiles said:
JDAM said:
Some Aero B-6's had straps rather than zippered waist tighteners, so it's likely they are original to the jacket.

So true! Grant alerted me to that fact several years ago. Since then I've seen several pics of original B-6s with the side straps that looked to be issued that way.
Van

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:

Full Gear refers to them as ver.2, so that's some of Aero's last contract, 43-13616 AF, and also the Arnoff, and Poughkeepsie contracts.

While I'm looking at the chart for B-6 jacket and A-5 trousers, I notice an asterisk below ...

*B-5/A-4 A.C.ORDER No.39-1235 H.L.B. CORP N.Y.

Never heard of that one. Apparently unlined wool, with a shearling collar, intended for use in aircraft with enclosed cabins, or turrets. Not very successful, and procured in limited quantities only .... thankyou Combat Flying Clothing.

Sorry ... now back to the Aero B-6.

JDAM

Vcruiser said:
asiamiles said:
JDAM said:

So true! Grant alerted me to that fact several years ago. Since then I've seen several pics of original B-6s with the side straps that looked to be issued that way.
Van

Yes, understood, but the straps themselves don't look original to the jacket. They seem constructed of the same material that has been added to the cuffs. Perhaps replaced. I dunno.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
  • B 6

Original 2 World War II. Those who know, who knows that the B 6 extra short-cut sheepskin to keep its pilots had more freedom of movement.

Original Aero Leather. On fliegerjacken.de you can see the replicas of times.

Use immediately, due to age naturally with used tracks. Zip I can use new and small repairs. With such a jacket so you should remain cautious with the working up, so that the character is not lost.

Not down badly degraded it had greased protective. I wanted to give no more, but if you can be a bit small, can not be helped.

Measurements are: shoulder width 45 cm, arm length about 59 cm outside, chest measured just about 54-55 cm, Jack length about 64 cm.

Telephone number 0172 640 76 81

Shipping of course insured by Hermes. Pickup even better.

No warranty, no exchange, no virgin

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
I see Virgins have been excluded from the sale! :lol: :lol:

I thought you'd like that, and with no opening bid, the policy seems to be working. :cool: