• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Bronco A-2

marco77

Anyone has an experience and pics with the Aeroleather Bronco A-2 ?
A good flight jacket ?
Thanks !!!!!!!

Marco

SuinBruin

I'm still waiting on an Aero ordered on October 1, 2009 that I was told would be finished by Christmas or, "at worst," some time in January. Not exactly the best customer service I've ever encountered.

If authenticity is your main objective in getting a repro Bronco, you cannot go wrong with a Good Wear. I have one of John's Broncos in goat and it is fantastic. It looks much closer to an original than any shot of an Aero Bronco I've ever seen.

I know the GW praise on this forum can get a little repetitive or tiresome, but facts is facts, and John's jackets are simply topnotch.

cheers,
matt

Roughwear

SuinBruin said:
I'm still waiting on an Aero ordered on October 1, 2009 that I was told would be finished by Christmas or, "at worst," some time in January. Not exactly the best customer service I've ever encountered.

If authenticity is your main objective in getting a repro Bronco, you cannot go wrong with a Good Wear. I have one of John's Broncos in goat and it is fantastic. It looks much closer to an original than any shot of an Aero Bronco I've ever seen.

I know the GW praise on this forum can get a little repetitive or tiresome, but facts is facts, and John's jackets are simply topnotch.

cheers,
matt

Matt, you have hit the nail on the head -clearly you can go wrong with Aero A2s in terms of authenticity. GW make the most accurate repro Bronco A2 IMO, but others may know better. ;)

dadgad

Roughwear said:
dadgad said:
Can't go wrong with Aero.

What makes you say that?

I prefer the hide of my Aero compared to any of those of my three Goodwear let the design and cut alone.

On the other hand if there's any personal opinion that I'm not allowed to state freely on this board, oh well...

Roughwear

dadgad said:
Roughwear said:
dadgad said:
Can't go wrong with Aero.

What makes you say that?

I prefer the hide of my Aero compared to any of those of my three Goodwear let the design and cut alone.

On the other hand if there's any personal opinion that I'm not allowed to state freely on this board, oh well...

I pressume your GWs are not recent production ones as the new hh John uses is awesome as is the goatskin. Aero does use some very nice leather, but the hardware can let them down.

HHjackets

marco77 said:
Anyone has an experience and pics with the Aeroleather Bronco A-2 ?
A good flight jacket ?
Thanks !!!!!!!

Marco

i'd say the bronco pocket in the first photo does definitely look better!

pocket.jpg

vs

117352735.jpg

gomez

As someone contemplating an Aero Bronco myself, I'm interested to hear more about the cut, fit, hide and subtleties enjoyed by it's owners. After reading most of the replies, I'm left wondering how a brand new 700 dollar Goodwear Bronco would compare with a brand new 700 dollar Aero Bronco.

gomez

Some people drive and enjoy Corvettes even though they can afford a Porsche. If this were a sport car forum, this thread equates to a guy starting a topic about a ZR1 only to have the Porsche 911 lovers chime in that Corvettes aren't worthy of discussion because they're not Porches. Sounds snobbish to me.

bseal

Good point Gomez. You are right, this is definitely a snobbish forum. Keep in mind that the slavish admiration came at a price, literally. . . some of us outlayed bucket loads of money into apparel that we later found out wasn't what it was it was advertised to be; i.e., the most authentic, etc.

It's like the cheesy saying (pun intended) found on many pizza boxes,
"You've tried all the rest, now try the best."

gomez

I can appreciate what you say, having once paid 400 bucks for a new jacket and realizing pretty soon that I owned a piece of depreciated mediocrity. Since then I've bought and sold used examples of the better jackets to see what I like and what I don't and found there really is quality out there. Yeah, yeah, most jacket wearers realize that Goodwear is the P-51 of A-2's. Watch out though, there's a guy on your six that does one thing better, and what he's got suits him just fine.

drew parker

Hey gomez, you hit the nail on the head. Go back and reread what started this thread, a simple question about a aero bronco. If it's not a "goodwear" your talking about, you get attacked. Why can't we just answer the question and try to help them out, instead of always trying to change them. Not everybody can afford 1000$ for a jacket, or willing to pay that much for one. They come on this forum for help and get scolded.

bseal

The question was, is it "a good flight jacket?"

And the unequivocal answer has been, "you could do better."

I wouldn't say "scolded," I would say schooled.

SuinBruin

I offered comments on two aspects of the Aero Bronco: customer service, and fealty to the original design. The second point was based on a comparison with the Bronco made by Good Wear Leather -- pretty much on point given that both companies make a repro of the same model jacket, no? I fail to see how this amounts to "scolding" anyone.

If you specifically want a Bronco repro, then your options are down to Aero, Good Wear, or one of the Japanese makers. If cost is a concern, you can wipe out the Japanese jackets. So then you're dealing with Aero or Good Wear. If cost is the overriding concern, and you don't mind a wait of uncertain duration and a not terribly accurate pattern, then Aero will be your choice. If you can spend more and want an accurate reproduction with reasonable time estimates and direct contact with the man who will be making your jacket, then Good Wear will be the winner.

Roughwear

drew parker said:
Hey gomez, you hit the nail on the head. Go back and reread what started this thread, a simple question about a aero bronco. If it's not a "goodwear" your talking about, you get attacked. Why can't we just answer the question and try to help them out, instead of always trying to change them. Not everybody can afford 1000$ for a jacket, or willing to pay that much for one. They come on this forum for help and get scolded.

Steady on old chap! An opinion was asked about Aero Broncos and no one was "attacked". It is easier to compare the Aero with the only other affordable repro by Good Wear Leather, than to comment on it in isolation. The facts are it is a nice repro, but not as accurate as a GW Bronco, but you pay around $300 more for the GW. Alternatively you could seek out a wearable original Bronco.