• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero black CXFQHH- so it comes out after 25-30 years

wiregrinder

Sadly needed to sell it after many years, because it got too big. Was a 42, now I got a new 36. It will take a long time, until it will match this beautiful stage.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    980.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20230427_153712.jpg
    IMG_20230427_153712.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20230427_153720.jpg
    IMG_20230427_153720.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Thanks for posting that-now I know what mine is going to look like years from now. Inspires me to keep on hammering it, which can be hard work sometimes. The brown undertones are just starting to show through.

rob20uk

Sadly needed to sell it after many years, because it got too big. Was a 42, now I got a new 36. It will take a long time, until it will match this beautiful stage.
a 42 must have looked massive on you. Is this your 42? If so to see that looks a perfect fit.

wiregrinder

a 42 must have looked massive on you. Is this your 42? If so to see that looks a perfect fit.
It IS the 42 on me. Lengthwise it was spot on, but it was very loose on the chest and bottom. When I forced the front panels to overlap (open zipper), I could easy get 20 cm of overlap.

denny@aero

The Highwayman is a boxier 50's cut , i have to say that the 42" looks good on you. I'm struggling to imagine that you need to go down 3 whole sizes, the 36" must look tight on you. Might be worth looking at Aero Premier Highwayman if you like a closer fit.

wiregrinder

The Highwayman is a boxier 50's cut , i have to say that the 42" looks good on you. I'm struggling to imagine that you need to go down 3 whole sizes, the 36" must look tight on you. Might be worth looking at Aero Premier Highwayman if you like a closer fit.
I looked at the premier HWM, but I realised, that I really wanted that boxier cut for the HWM. I also have a Sheene (38) for that tight, V-shaped fit, which I also like badly and which works better on my bike. I ended up replacing the 42 (alpaca lined) HWM, with an equal, new 38, which turned out STILL a bit on the big side but perfect for layering in winter. After 1 year of struggling with myself and couldn't get it out of my brain, I ordered an additional HWM 36 with 1" taper and cotton drill lining. That turned out perfect, exept for thick layering. Now I'm equipped for all conditions ;). For reference- I'm 179 cm and 69kg with "37 relaxed chest. At the moment, I have no pictures with the 36 and 38.

Last edited: