• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice REF: Buzz L-2 American Pad and Textile version

dav3469

Folks,

I was hoping someone on the board had experience with the L-2 American Pad & Textile version jacket that Buzz Rickson offers.

On the HPA website they infer that the jacket is cut larger, and is roomier than some others out there. They further state that a 46 will comfortably fit a size 48.

Has anyone out there tried this and found it to be true?

I wear a 48ish (sometimes 50). I currently have an Alpha XXL, as well as my ELC B-10 in size 50. Both fit fine, but are nice and roomy without looking like tents. So if the L-2 really does fit like a 48 it may be doable.

On the other hand I have a Cooper A-2 48 and a vintage Rolen L-2 XL that both fit and can be zipped up fine, but I sure wouldn't wear them out anymore due to some "spread" that I have put on in the last ten years, that in conjunction with how short they are just doesn't make a presentable appearance in my opinion when I look in the mirror. ;)

Any feedback from someone who has dealt with this and HPA on this issue would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I have an L-2 from Buzz R./HPA in size 46. Thats my size in most suit jackets so that is what I ordered. I am 6 foot tall and the jacket fits me fine. not super lose. Honestly if you are a 48, and all HPA have are size 46 then they will say anything to sell you a 46. But if you have to find out for yourself, order it and then send it back for a refund, but HPA will not refund your postage and I think charge you a bull shit re stock fee.
That is my honest humble opinion
Hope that helps.

The L-2 is a nice jacket and if you are a 48 and taller than 6 foot it might work but I think it would look like 10 pounds of shit in a five pound bag and you would look like a bell hop.

dav3469

Thanks for the information. I am 6 foot, and pretty wide thru the shoulders (which is why even with a 48 chest I have to go up to a 50 or it binds in the upper shoulder/back area). Plus some stomach spread. I think I'll give it a pass and maybe "some" day BR will sell enough in the U.S. to sell the larger sizes or have them available for special order.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dav3469 said:
On the HPA website they infer that the jacket is cut larger, and is roomier than some others out there. They further state that a 46 will comfortably fit a size 48.

I wear the American Pad & Textile in a size 38, all my other Buzz jackets are a 40, my usual size.

The 38 L-2 fits the same, so in my experience, HPA's advice is correct.

rich

I don't know if this helps at all, but I can say for sure that the L-2B XXL is supposed to be 44" but I reckon it's easily a 46". HPA indicate this on their site and I'd say they're correct.

A

Anonymous

Seems to be an endless variation in sizes and models. Big sizes out in left field.

From my experience of wearing a size BR 46 L-2... I don't think a size 46 BR L-2 will fit a size 48 person. The jackets is trim and short as it is.
Just my 2 cents.
No harm in trying I suopose, if it does not fit you are out the postage. No drama.

Cobblers161

I sized down on my American Pad & Textile L-2 Buzz also. Usually a 42' in all other Buzz jacket excepting this one.

It's trim jacket and at 6' and 175lbs a 40' fits me absolutely perfectly. If I'd gone for the 42" the both the arms and body would have been way too long along with too much width on the shoulders.

Not sure how the Reed fits but that's my penneth on the AP&T.

Beautiful jacket!

Swing

dav3469 said:
Folks,

I was hoping someone on the board had experience with the L-2 American Pad & Textile version jacket that Buzz Rickson offers.

I wear a 48ish (sometimes 50). I currently have an Alpha XXL, as well as my ELC B-10 in size 50. Both fit fine, but are nice and roomy without looking like tents. So if the L-2 really does fit like a 48 it may be doable.

On the other hand I have a Cooper A-2 48 and a vintage Rolen L-2 XL that both fit and can be zipped up fine, but I sure wouldn't wear them out anymore due to some "spread" that I have put on in the last ten years, that in conjunction with how short they are just doesn't make a presentable appearance in my opinion when I look in the mirror. ;)

Any feedback from someone who has dealt with this and HPA on this issue would be appreciated.

I'm 6', 240 lbs, and in the 48/50 range. Chest and shoulders come first when looking at fit. I have a Buzz L2 and L2A. You should be okay in a size 46 if you don't plan on wearing more than a t-shirt or dress shirt under it (or low waisted pants), and would probably be better off in the L2A than the L2. The L2A is more square and relaxed through the body. With either expect the sleeves to pull up when you're driving, and some pinching at the arm pits.

I can get you measurements on either jacket if you'd like.

~Swing

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
Not sure how the Reed fits but that's my penneth on the AP&T.

I'm sure it just applies to the AP & T, I would order a size up in the Reed. John's CD has both versions, and he notes that the AP & T fits large for it's size.

It's like the Buzz B-10's, if your Rough Wear is a little tight, buy a size larger, or a Stagg in the same size.

Cobblers161

Cheers Deeb, handy to know. I like the colourway of the Reed, a deeper murkier (?) olive. Should one turn up on ebay I may take a plunge possible at the exact moment my wife will begin construction of the long overdue husband gallows.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
... at the exact moment my wife will begin construction of the long overdue husband gallows.

Perfect !! She'll be out of the house ... and away from the scissors. :D