• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADVICE ON WHICH GOODWEAR TO ORDER

mindful

Hello everyone just wanted some advise on which good wear jacket to order im looking for a fitted style A2 i know its a long wait but they look worth it and one other question do you have to pay customs taxes when sent from us to uk.

REGARDS

MINDFUL

Roughwear

When you ask this type of question you will simply get everyone's personal preferences! My advice is to look at the different contracts John offers on his website and decide yourself. John will give you good advice if you contact him. If you are still uncertain which contract to order juust order one each year for the next twenty years so you have the lot! ;)

Dr H

Love the Doniger. Practical, roomy, smart and well executed. If sized correctly, you wouldn't be disappointed with it.

Roughwear

I own a GW Doniger, Dubow and a Monarch and having owned several others find these ones to my personal taste, being sharp, stylish and comfortable jackets. John's Indian goatskin is awesome and is indistinguishable from wartime goat.

BTW, the 42-18775 contract was never a no name contract originally, by the last Aero contract. John does not use the Aero name on his labels so uses Acme instead.

rikbb

Check the collars, there is a significant difference between models with a collar stand (Rough Wear, Werber…) and others without…

unclegrumpy

Roughwear said:
My advice is to look at the different contracts John offers on his website and decide yourself. John will give you good advice if you contact him.

I agree. John will help you throughout the selection process, and wants to be sure you that you are exceptionally happy with your jacket.

The one thing I might add, is I would not get set on a particular contract just from the descriptions. Your body shape, your style preferences, and the leather you prefer all come into play, and will help narrow the contracts down for you.

I think the best advice is not to worry about the exact contract right now, but to get your deposit down so you will have the opportunity to make that decision once your number comes up.

mindful

put my deposit down, what is the best way to get the right measurements can i use my Eastman A2 house as a template :?:

tater

I can only imagine that having an A-2 that fits properly (assuming your ELC does) to use as a template of sorts can only help. I had a slight difficulty getting my fit dialed in (not having had any other A-2 as a model), but working with John was easy. He can certainly steer you in the right direction as well.

bretron

mindful said:
put my deposit down, what is the best way to get the right measurements can i use my Eastman A2 house as a template :?:

Trip to Seattle for a personal fitting- then a meetup afterwards for a couple pints of local IPA with the NW contingent :D

Fwiw- I say study the contract descriptions (leather and knit types, fit and hardware details) carefully, then go for the one that suits your build and wardrobe best. Me, I am smitten with the 27798 Dubow cos of the fit and leather/knit colors (seal w/ purple) and the 38 Aero cos of the fit and contract details (zipper details, collar stand, visible stitch on the sleeves).... Decisions decisions!!!!!

ButteMT61

Yeah, I gave up looking. When John calls ready to build it, I'll decide. But I'm pretty sure it's the '38 Aerome. :)
Seattle has too much radiation from Japan, so he'll have to come down here :lol:

bretron

ButteMT61 said:
Yeah, I gave up looking. When John calls ready to build it, I'll decide. But I'm pretty sure it's the '38 Aerome. :)
Seattle has too much radiation from Japan, so he'll have to come down here :lol:

More radiation and rain means better beer (and more consumption) :lol: :lol:

mindful

Roughwear said:
The trip to Seattle is excellent advice-go for it Mindful! ;)
if i could i would have gone already ive just had to sweeten the wife up and explain about the sicknesssssssssss

mindful

bretron said:
mindful said:

Trip to Seattle for a personal fitting- then a meetup afterwards for a couple pints of local IPA with the NW contingent :D

Fwiw- I say study the contract descriptions (leather and knit types, fit and hardware details) carefully, then go for the one that suits your build and wardrobe best. Me, I am smitten with the 27798 Dubow cos of the fit and leather/knit colors (seal w/ purple) and the 38 Aero cos of the fit and contract details (zipper details, collar stand, visible stitch on the sleeves).... Decisions decisions!!!!!
i two am liking the dubow in vintage goat skin and the no name 38 with the red knits i wish i could get both