• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

actual and official

marco77

Anyone can tell who made actually g-1 for usn , usmc and uscg ?
I am looking for one of this actual jacket .
Thanks boys !!
El Marquitooo !!!!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
marco77 said:
Anyone can tell who made actually g-1 for usn , usmc and uscg ?

There were upwards of two dozen original makers, Marco ... some with multiple contracts.

You should be able to tell which are correct, by the label, and the punched wind flap.

Chandler

FWIW -- my Monarch doesn't have a punched wind flap. When was that practice started?

Chandler

sgbailey2002

Chandler said:
FWIW -- my Monarch doesn't have a punched wind flap. When was that practice started?

Chandler

From John Chapman:

"For the punched G-1's, the earliest that I know of are the Cagleco contracts from 1957. That's the 39321A contract, and it also has USN on the collar. The next Cagleco contract also had the same details, 48082. I think that one dates to 1958. There's also the Foster QM(CTM) contract which had the same details (the Amendment #2 contract). These are probably from the exact same period."

marco77

sorry for late reply Gentlemen , there is a little confusion on the title of my first post :?
just want to know who is the actual supplier for usn, usmc and uscg , us wings ? the cokpit ?

see you !!!

Marco

rb3586

Pharr Brand Apparel won US Navy Jacket G-1 contracts from FY 2003 to 2006.

Avirex Ltd Inc, recieved its last A-2 contract award in FY 2003.

Taylor's Leatherwear supplies the current style A-2, USCG/HS type, G-1.