• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acme Depot Website?

Jennison

Anyone else here having trouble with Acme Depot? For the last week or so, every time I've tried to access it, a security-risk warning pops up. Maybe it just doesn't like me?

Jennison

Smithy

I imagine Marc finally got sick of paying to keep the site up. He hadn't updated it for probably over 20 years. IIRC he said back then he wasn't that into A-2s anymore and that he only left the site up to share the info he had collected on it.

MarcW

Hi all,

I was tipped off about this discussion, so I'm here to provide a status update.

Yes, it's true that I discontinued the Acme Depot website. The renewal cost for hosting was going to double to a point well beyond what I was willing to pay. I shopped around but didn't find anything suitable, and since retirement I'm necessarily looking for ways to cut expenses.

As there appears to be at least a modest amount of interest, I have zipped up the site and posted it on my Google Drive at the following link. This will work best on a traditional desktop/laptop; downloading to a phone or tablet likely won't work unless you know of some trick I'm not aware of.

This will open the page with the file AcmeDepot.zip (Don't worry about the _MACOSX folder that appears on the page. I think it's just because I uploaded the file from my Mac). Look for the download icon (down arrow) at the top of the page and click it. You'll get a warning that the file is too large to be scanned for viruses. Click the "Download anyway" button.

After unzipping the files, open the index.html file in the home or root directory to open the site in your default web browser. Then, navigate the site in the normal manner.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but time marches on, all things must pass, long live the good old days.

Keep 'em Flying,
Marc

B-Man2

Thanks from me as well. Used it throughout the years … I know that you’ve said that your interests have changed, but it would be great if you’d drop in here a couple of time a year just to say hi and chat a bit. We would all enjoy talking to you .

Lorenzo_l

Many thanks for keeping the website all these years, Marc. I learned lots from it and was my first online reference for the A-2. And, again, thanks for making the file of the website available.

Jennison

Oh wow, how cool of you! It was that labor-of-love resource that showed me how misguided I was, strutting around like a peacock in my Avirex A-2. That in turn led me to this wonderful place.

I sincerely hope he takes you up on it, and if Marc is willing, he may let some of the experts here update it with annotations and additional examples. I love that site.

B-Man2

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words. I do appreciate it. Prior to Saint-ex, someone else I've known personally for many years offered to host the site, so I'm going to be pursuing that offer. Stay tuned...
Outfrigginstanding !!

Thank you Marc !