• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

about 91st BG - 17 NEW PHOTOS ADDED

dujardin

this is a good link on the 91st BG

http://www.91stbombgroup.com/crewphotos ... start.html

here some photos i found on it

oscar.jpg

324th BS squadron board

squadronboard91BG324BS.jpg

Tony's crew, take a good look on the guy on the left (his jacket) and also on other small detail on other
tonycrew.jpg

byeeeeeeeee marcel

i finish to visit this link and here are some other photos

this one for Andrew (6hits and a miss)
big20rhap.jpg

times.jpg

tchubby.gif

spirit44.jpg

sir_baboon_mcgoon_newnose.jpg

outhousemouse1.jpg

olbclose.jpg

mount.jpg

miss_minookie_color.jpg

littlept.jpg

hellsb2.gif

easy_does_it_flight_crew.jpg

bombbay.jpg

N4531.jpg

Brideo1.jpg

401sign.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

better duck

Re: about 91st BG

Is it me, or is that a huge collar on the jacket of the guy on the right, back row?
BTW, thanks for posting, Marcel.

Roughwear

better duck said:
Is it me, or is that a huge collar on the jacket of the guy on the right, back row?
BTW, thanks for posting, Marcel.

It does seem to be somewhat large Peter, could well be a jacket from the no-name 42-18246-P contract, which had overlarge collars.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Roughwear said:
... could well be a jacket from the no-name 42-18246-P contract, which had overlarge collars.

But the pocket flap shape doesn't match, the 42-18246-P shape is angular with only a slight curving.

Keep trying. :p

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
Roughwear said:
... could well be a jacket from the no-name 42-18246-P contract, which had overlarge collars.

But the pocket flap shape doesn't match, the 42-18246-P shape is angular with only a slight curving.

Keep trying. :p

Well spotted David. Perhaps a Werber- large collar and curved pocket flap?

TankBuster

Camera angles can play tricks as well. Maybe not the case here, but I've seen jackets in wartime photos that can look very different in person. Pocket curves, collar shapes, ect...
Just a word of advice I guess ;)

Roughwear

TankBuster said:
Camera angles can play tricks as well. Maybe not the case here, but I've seen jackets in wartime photos that can look very different in person. Pocket curves, collar shapes, ect...
Just a word of advice I guess ;)

Good point Jeff.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Roughwear said:

That was on my short-list, but I think it's impossible to say. Perhaps the owner has re-shaped, and flattened it out.

A

Anonymous

deeb7 said:
Roughwear said:

That was on my short-list, but I think it's impossible to say. Perhaps the owner has re-shaped, and flattened it out.

I would agree with David the jacket collar is pressed or laid flat maybe from being the top gunner or he did not like the collar rubbing his neck .His shirt collar is noticeably higher than the jacket collar compared to the other jackets in the picture .

Jeff

dujardin

You're bossy today, Marcel. :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

hellooooooooo David, well surely not my friend, i simply use a short answer to bring your attention back on this jacket. and remember also that i'm a poor english speaking belgian ;)

We've been ignoring that one, but it's some sort of civilian jacket.[/quote] thankssssssssssssss

byebyeeeeeeeeee marcel

dujardin

Vcruiser said:
Don't know about the jacket...but how did that guy keep that C**t Cap on his head...?
Van

hello Van,

maybe this guy use hair pins like the nurse did or maybe he use ''brilliantine'' to glue his cap

byeeeeee marcel

Roughwear

dujardin said:
Vcruiser said:
Don't know about the jacket...but how did that guy keep that C**t Cap on his head...?
Van

hello Van,

maybe this guy use hair pins like the nurse did or maybe he use ''brilliantine'' to glue his cap

byeeeeee marcel

You may well be right here Marcel. The cap almost defies gravity! :)