A2 wallet

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by Art, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Art

Art Well-Known Member

D8747A2A-4EA7-49B4-8AF3-5DF3A7964CFD.png 89DF329D-1D60-4D66-AAB6-46DCAC44A123.png These caught my eye from a Japanese company named shin leathers, the attention to detail is awesome and craftsmanship top notch and their price reflects that being £225 from what I can translate. They appear to offer them in veg tanned and chromed even custom orders apparently, the last pic is one after 5 years ....nice one Art 02E3E802-FAA0-4A74-A80B-F77473D9CD10.png

ausreenactor and MikeyB-17 like this.
  2. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

I’d really like a wallet like this, but they all seem to be either cheapo crap (Ebay), or incredibly expensive. Many, surprisingly, have loads of card slots and things but nowhere for your change or ID cards, which I use frequently. My best bet seems to be a Pike Brothers Roamer wallet, but even they are over £100. One of these days!

3. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

That's stunning..................coincidentaly we've been working on a wallet this week to use up some of our scraps.
    I think we are going to have bin everything we've done so far and give up ..........................or seriously raise our game.:mad:

Art and Officer Dibley like this.
  4. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

That’s clever. I can see that collar corner either rubbing a hole in my back jean pocket or rubbing my ass raw! :p

5. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Or.... if you’re an old guy
    A case of Sciatic Nerve Compression.....
    Jeeze......Getting olds a bitch!o_O

Officer Dibley, STEVE S. and Edward like this.
  6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Sorry , does nothing for me im afraid :(

raulm1961 and stanier like this.
  7. Steve27752

Steve27752 Well-Known Member

Each to there own...............But bloody awful!

raulm1961, stanier and Carl like this.
  8. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

I like them except for the ‘collar’, which is a bit silly, and, as noted, would be a pain in the arse (literally!) in use.

9. stanier

stanier Well-Known Member

8BAFEBA7-BFA6-41D5-87A0-0F64635A107C.jpeg Wallets are quite a personal thing I think.

Not a fan of the one above, sorry Art.

I like my KC’s leather wallet I got from Japan some years ago.

Carl likes this.
  10. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

Since I discovered how much stuff you can put in the inside pocket of a Intermediate Navy jacket, I haven't had a wallet in my back pocket in probably 15 years.

Officer Dibley, dmar836 and Edward like this.
  11. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan. It's more of a "cute" thing the wife might use but...
    I prefer things that were, or have the style of, something that was used back then.
    JMO,
    Dave

12. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Except for the collar, I really like it! I'm not ready to switch my Rumble59 wallet, though. It's cheap, sturdy, and the leather is aging quite nicely.

13. silvio76

silvio76 Active Member

Nice wallet, but too expensive.

Art likes this.
  14. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

Nice idea, but these look seriously impractical. Not to mention the price tag...

Art likes this.
  15. Otter

Otter Active Member

Nice, but not at that price. I think I would struggle to fit it into a lot of pockets with that shape. Eastman made an aviators wallet a few years back, don't know if they still do.
    Not stashed a wallet in my hip pocket since someone tried to lift it in the Champs D' Elysse, boy they had a surprise when all they got was a Paris Street Atlas.

Stony likes this.
  16. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

An experience I had relates to this thread. Many years ago some friends and I were at "Fat Tuesday" in downtown Seattle in Pioneer Square. A band was playing and it was as crowded as a mosh pit. I'm wearing a G-1 type jacket and my wallet is in the inside pocket with the button snapped shut.

A guy walks up behind me and runs his hand up my right back pocket trying to flip out a wallet that is not there. As he walks through the crowd in front of me, I yell out "hey, my wallet is in the inside pocket of my jacket!". His partner is behind me looking on the ground for the missing wallet (lol). As you can see, thieves sometimes work in pairs. First one flips, second one picks up the prize.

17. STEVE S.

STEVE S. Well-Known Member

I’ve made a few purses for the Mrs with my hide leftovers. Keeps her happy & saves me a ton on what women’s purses cost....

dmar836 and Stony like this.
  18. ties70

ties70 Well-Known Member

19. Rutger

Rutger Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of the Eastman leather wallet, which I had long forgotten, and which I like a whole lot better then the Japanese A-2 wallet, sorry, that one's just way over the top. Nice as a "we can make this too", but I wouldn't wanna have it in my pocket.
    But now I do want an Eastman wallet, and they've got a whole range I noticed.

20. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

I've had my Eastman wallet for about 15 years and it's still going strong.

Officer Dibley likes this.