• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Replacement Knits (Got it in the mail today!)

aerob6girl

Hello all,

Just received the Avirex in the mail and it's superb! It's actually about a hair shy from a perfect fit - the arms are a little tight at the armpit but not TOO tight, just not what I'm used to. Everything else is exceptional, especially the quality. It honestly upon close inspection really does look like one of the much, much more expensive repro A2's on the market and I imagine at the time of sale (sometime in the 1980s) it was not cheap.

It was mentioned that I could replace the knits for the correct color. I'd like to do that and even though I seem to recall old links pertaining to a service that does that - can someone refresh my memory? I'll be posting photos within the next day or so. Hope all is well with everyone!

aerob6girl

Thanks!

Pictures coming soon.

Also, anyone know of a place that possibly remakes the USAAF longbill caps? Any info would be great.

Falcon_52

If you are looking for a B-1 or B-2 cap, Eastman has nice ones. I love mine from Eastman. What Price Glory also has a B-1 cap (slightly less expensive).

Noel