• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 reline

1911A1US

Can I get some advice on the relining of a W&G (early) goatskin A2.It has that slippery rayon type lining.Thanks Brian.

watchmanjimg

I once had a local tailor reline an old ELC house A-2 with OD satin. Total cost was $45. Not authentic, but I never had a problem with the lining again.

If cost is no object, I believe any of the major repro makers can reline your jacket with the correct type fabric. Otherwise shop around and see what tailors in your area can do for you.

fishmeok

Any competant repair shop can reline your jacket- I did the same thing to my old W&G A-2 last year using cotton. Didn't take me that long but you do have to almost completely disassemble the jacket to do it right.

The lining on the W&G jackets look good, but they must be 100% synthetic because they absolutely do not breathe. I would make sure you use either Bemberg rayon, silk, or cotton.
Cheers
Mark

1911A1US

Thanks Fishmeok.,PS I have seen some of you work,your fabric A1,WOW..I would love to have you make a capeskin A1 for me....Brian

Dr H

A recent discussion with Will and Amanda at Aero suggested that for a goatskin Perry A2 the costs of a complete reline in a suitable cotton (plus some additional minor darning) would be of the order of £100 plus return postage. The price was boosted somewhat by the more complex neck arrangement with the collar stand - requiring additional labour time.

jacketimp

Dr H said:
A recent discussion with Will and Amanda at Aero suggested that for a goatskin Perry A2 the costs of a complete reline in a suitable cotton (plus some additional minor darning) would be of the order of £100 plus return postage. The price was boosted somewhat by the more complex neck arrangement with the collar stand - requiring additional labour time.

ouch couch and ouch...........

alan of ELC quoted £120 for a reline for an A2......without collar stand...........plus shipping, the usual terms

dunno whether they got a rayon lining

A

Anonymous

Hi Gibson and Barnes quoted me $49.00 + shipping for a complete relining I do not know if they do other makers jackets but its worth a call to ask .Rgds Jeff