• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 ORIGINAL ebay france.

rikbb

I live in France, and I have the idea many items go on E-bay unnoticed by the international public.
How come? Do people not trust the french, or do the search engines not reach all countries.
I've noticed when selling items on E-bay, only french buyers bid…

Rutger

About once every two weeks I check ebay-France (and Italy), usually for Eastman, Real McCoy and Buzz Rickson.
All of them show up from time to time, not regularly, but often enough to be worth looking for.
Bought once about half a year ago, all went well.
Looks as if Ebay-France is more often used as advertising for fixed price than for actual auctioning. Haven't kept statistics on that so I may be wrong.

Maybe the search within ebay-uk or ebay-us doesn't bring up items from France.

The topic has been brought up before, like a year or so ago.
Some refuse to deal with France from fear of hear say, others have had their problems, others never had.

Some sellers refuse to deal abroad and may even ignore questions.

If you do see or try to sell something interesting, why not post on VLJ as well?

rikbb

You are completely right about selling habits on the french e-bay—sellers tend to advertise a fixed price.
Sometimes there is not much of a description. I was enquiring about an Irvin jacket the other day.
No size was indicated, so I asked for measurements.
The answer was: ‘I have already boxed the jacket, so I cannot give you the measurements—It's rather a size M’.
The jacket was advertised with a fixed price at 1200 euros…

There seems to be a bit less confidence between bidders. Though all in all I have had very few problems with buyers.
But still, when I am selling nice items, well described, with good pictures, I get very few bids.

I tend to switch to UK e-bay when I search for items. I end up buying more than selling…
I will next time start on this forum, before putting these kind of items on the e-bay.