• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 and white dusty mold - TREATMENT?

Found I had stored an A2 in a box for too many years, and it has white dusty surface mold.

WHAT is the recommended way to get rid of it. It does wipe off with a rag.
but what is suggested to inhibit any further growth?
have heard:
1. vinegar
2. soap and water
3. leather conditioner
4. sunshine (short supply these days up here in seattle)

what do you pros say?

thanks

Dan
[email protected]
post or email directly

bazelot

I have a M-422a that came to me with the same problem. DO NOT use conditioner, that would make things worse. Just take a wet rag and thoroughly wipe the whole jacket to get rid of all the mold. My M-422A came out real well.

Stony

When I worked at the Museum of Flight, they had the same issue with a couple of leather jackets and they were in glass cases under environment control with monitors. The curator told me that it was the leather treastment coming to the surface and drying out.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Jaydee

Stony said:
When I worked at the Museum of Flight, they had the same issue with a couple of leather jackets and they were in glass cases under environment control with monitors. The curator told me that it was the leather treastment coming to the surface and drying out.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes Pecard does that if you use too much. Also I have heard that cold temperatures can cause the Pecard to have this reaction. It does look like a white deposit, so it is a possible culprit of this type of problem. It is pretty easily wiped off with a warm wet rag so it's not a big deal.