• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A1 Fivestar jacket

Tik

Hello everybody. I have been wearing A2 jackets for as long as I can remember. My first was an Avirex, and that I purchased from an Army surplus store in Covent Garden many moon's ago. Since then I've bought and sold over the year's but recently have had my eye on the A1. So trolling through several websites and thinking these are way to expensive for my wallet I kinda gave up on the search..... Then I noticed on eBay an A1 far less expensive than the bigger gun's on the Web, Fivestar leather, so I bought one. It arrived within a week. Impressive. These are some photos of the second jacket I'd like to show you from Shawn (owner Fivestar leather). The fit is as on the the diagram within the description on ebay...pit to pit, shoulders etc, so order to fit according to the fit diagram. The goatskin is butter soft so won't need much wearing in, wrist cuffs and waistband are nice and tight, and the stitching is all good. Wearing the jacket feels great and I think looks fantastic, I've already had several comments on the jacket from workmates. The jacket is easy to wear, and looks great and is far less expensive than the big guns in the same military jacket playing field. Shawn is happy to discuss any issues you might have and will answer almost immediately. Please see photos of the jacket.

Attachments

• 20181120_100638-1-01.jpeg
    20181120_100638-1-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 383
  • 20181120_093118-2-01.jpeg
    20181120_093118-2-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
  • 20181120_094903.jpg
    20181120_094903.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 309
  • 20181120_094820.jpg
    20181120_094820.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 304
  • 20181120_094810.jpg
    20181120_094810.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 300
  • 20181120_095046-1-01.jpeg
    20181120_095046-1-01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 343
  • 20181120_095133-1-01.jpeg
    20181120_095133-1-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 332

Greg Gale

I'm no A-1 expert, but Shawn really nailed this one. Lovely jacket! Perhaps the shoulders look a bit square and pointy right now, but according to Ties it will mold to your body as the jacket breaks in.

Shawn Ali

Dear Mr. Tik

Thank you very much for selecting FiveStar Leather for your custom Job and all the trust, You really looks very good, That's much appreciated.. Your Review is great..
I wish You a very Happy Birthday In Advance once again.. Hope to work for you in the future..

Shawn

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

I'm no A-1 expert, but Shawn really nailed this one. Lovely jacket! Perhaps the shoulders look a bit square and pointy right now, but according to Ties it will mold to your body as the jacket breaks in.
Thats a good question, Mr. Kit suggested me to send one size larger than the normal size because they intended to use a sweeter under the jacket, But in the image they don't wear any sweeter so it looks like this

Shawn

ties70

Hey Greg,

yes, the more often the jacket is worn, the more the shoulders will soften up.

Nevertheless, there might be room for improvement re. the overall pattern. I really do not know...what makes the shoulders more boxy? A wider shoulder measurement? The leather quality (A-1 jackets are usually made of soft capeskin, not goat)...

It might be the customization...maybe some modifications add up to boxier shoulders....but forget that, my fathers A-1 is measured as an XL "off the rack", no alterations...#

Could be the position of the shoulder sems, then. Maybe a cm to the back / front changes the complete pattern...

You see that I am absolutely no help here!

Ties

ties70

Hello everybody. I have been wearing A2 jackets for as long as I can remember. My first was an Avirex, and that I purchased from an Army surplus store in Covent Garden many moon's ago. Since then I've bought and sold over the year's but recently have had my eye on the A1. So trolling through several websites and thinking these are way to expensive for my wallet I kinda gave up on the search..... Then I noticed on eBay an A1 far less expensive than the bigger gun's on the Web, Fivestar leather, so I bought one. It arrived within a week. Impressive. These are some photos of the second jacket I'd like to show you from Shawn (owner Fivestar leather). The fit is as on the the diagram within the description on ebay...pit to pit, shoulders etc, so order to fit according to the fit diagram. The goatskin is butter soft so won't need much wearing in, wrist cuffs and waistband are nice and tight, and the stitching is all good. Wearing the jacket feels great and I think looks fantastic, I've already had several comments on the jacket from workmates. The jacket is easy to wear, and looks great and is far less expensive than the big guns in the same military jacket playing field. Shawn is happy to discuss any issues you might have and will answer almost immediately. Please see photos of the jacket.

Hi Tik,

welcome here!

I dare to ask the question: Does or did the jacket smell badly ;-)

Ties

Technonut2112

VERY nice A-1! I've been waiting on the capeskin to be available, but the way that my 1.2mm goat jackets are breaking-in nicely, it may work well for me since the others made from it are looking great in the thicker hide. I may be in touch soon Shawn. :)

Shawn Ali

VERY nice A-1! I've been waiting on the capeskin to be available, but the way that my 1.2mm goat jackets are breaking-in nicely, it may work well for me since the others made from it are looking great in the thicker hide. I may be in touch soon Shawn. :)
Yes why Not.. I am totally available :)

B-Man2

Seems that based on all the feedback we have to date, the smell problem was a one time occurrence. I think that by offering to provide a new jacket to the buyer who experienced the problem , Shawn has done the right thing here.