• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A truly unique W&G A-2 Repro

442RCT

I told myself I was out of the jacket buying biz, I have way too many now. But this one looks interesting...I'm not crazy about the knits, nor the quality of the patches on the front and shoulder...but, I have a set of excellent pieced leather patches made by A2jacketpatches that I can replace them with. ;)

GoodTimesGone

I don't care for the knits either. It's not even the fact that they're a ribbed type pattern, it's that awful light olive drab color. I like the jacket but if I owned it I would have to replace those knits, and that would cost more money.

It appears that someone at W&G went insane and put these silly knits on it. It was the one thing that I was going to have changed out if I were keeping it. I agree about the patches as well, but they're not the worst I've ever seen though. :)

GoodTimesGone

I don't think the patches look bad. The Hell's Angels one looks pretty decent. That blood chit was made by Avirex years ago. I have one exactly like it that I removed from an Avirex Flying Tigers A-2. They always numbered the chit 13640 and placed a couple extra Chinese characters in blue towards the bottom right. I've been planning on getting a more accurate chit to sew on the Avirex, plus mine was printed off-center. I like the red lining on this W&G A-2.

The Hell's Angel one does look pretty good as does the shoulder patch. It's just the chit, as you mentioned, that looks a little off. The red liner is very interesting and very much stands out. I've never seen an actual A-2 with a red lining, so I can't confirm that Aces actually had the privilege of changing their linings to red ones.

RCSignals

GoodTimesGone said:
I don't think the patches look bad. The Hell's Angels one looks pretty decent. That blood chit was made by Avirex years ago. I have one exactly like it that I removed from an Avirex Flying Tigers A-2. They always numbered the chit 13640 and placed a couple extra Chinese characters in blue towards the bottom right. I've been planning on getting a more accurate chit to sew on the Avirex, plus mine was printed off-center. I like the red lining on this W&G A-2.

I think I have seen that style of Hells Angel on an Avirex as well