• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Tale of Three Watches

Stony

Thought I post pics of the three watches I wear the most.

threewatches.jpg

First up is my dad's Bulova watch that he was issued when he graduated from OCS in 1942. I found it many years ago in one of his footlockers after he passed away and it was not running. I had it fixed and it runs like a champ. There was no band with it, but I found the vintage flex band that you see in the pictures. You can also see where the shadow of the hands were when it stopped running. I only wear this when I feel that I need some good luck to come my way. For those that are interested, here is what is on the back of the case.

ORD. DEPT.
U.S.A.
OF. 143633
BULOVA WATCH CO.

1942bulova.jpg

Next up is a Swiss Army Victorinox that my wife bought me for Christmas two years ago. I wear this for dress up occasions. I like its military look with the leather band.

swissarmyinfantryman.jpg

Last up is my G-Shock Mudman that I bought recently. I wear it at work and when I'm umpiring softball. Nice rubber band and a watch that will take a beating.

gshockmudman.jpg

dmar836

Aren't watches great?! Especially like the Bulova as well. I have enough parts that I think I can cobble into one good watch like that (when that hobby comes around again) - of course not with that history. Thanks for sharing!

Dave