• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question on this B-2 ELC cap

A

Anonymous

DSCN5084.jpg
DSCN5086.jpg
DSCN5085.jpg
I know nothing about these caps, is this the same Roughwear as the model they are currently offering, or have any changes been made? yes someone stenciled India China Wing Allergic To Combat on the back

dmar836

Hmmm, I've not seen the current offering but I wonder why the reinforcement strip of HH is stitched above seam in back? Judging from originals it should be over the seam. I know it folds easier this way but.......
Does the HH strip come over the visor on each side?
I also hope the bill and label are a bit improved. The bill appears to be HH rather than veg tanned and lacks the "sundowner" shape.
Not trying to criticize your cap but these are some areas that could be improved upon.
Love the shearling for the crown!

A

Anonymous

Are you serious about making and selling B-2 caps? It would be nice to have someone in the U.S making a quality cap. When your ready I will place an order. If you end up with a prototype you want to sell let me know.

Otter

Pretty much identical to my one year old version. The seam tape on the flap is stiched above the seam and goes under the bill. My bill is a shinier closer grained H/H in seal brown with a reddish finnish on the underside.

dmar836

The ones I made for fun have shearling that's just too thick. I made a pattern but the correct material and the correct machine make it just too expensive to do correctly. Add labels and ....
It sure be fun to knock a few out but if I can't do them right, I wouldn't want them out there.
Dave

A

Anonymous

dmar836 said:
The ones I made for fun have shearling that's just too thick. I made a pattern but the correct material and the correct machine make it just too expensive to do correctly. Add labels and ....
It sure be fun to knock a few out but if I can't do them right, I wouldn't want them out there.
Dave
The ELC I just sold looks like they shave the shearling, very nicely, or does the skin come that thin very cropped look.