• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Newbie and looking for patch

wogeboy

Greetings all,

I have just recently started to get into military leather jackets. (aka : obession :) )
Purchased 2 this week alone... my wife will not be happy
My father was in Korea (98th Bomb Group - 344th Bomb Sqaudron) I have been looking for the patch, but unsuccessful.
Any ideas where to locate or possible repro?
Thanks for any info!

344.jpg

dujardin

hello and welcome

I have just recently started to get into military leather jackets. (aka : obession :) )

heheheeee, welcome aboad

Purchased 2 this week alone... my wife will not be happy

not a real problem???? no....ouch...

My father was in Korea (98th Bomb Group - 344th Bomb Sqaudron)

great, any chance you post photos???

I have been looking for the patch, but unsuccessful.
Any ideas where to locate or possible repro?

many great artist on this forum, you will found your treasure here

enjoy to be here

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
marcel

dujardin

grreat thanks

this photo give a good start for one of the artist present on this forum

maybe color photos in flight suit, flight jacket ;)

Tim P

or talk with George Petersen of NCHS, national capitol historical sales....He may be able to help or guide

unclegrumpy

wogeboy said:
My father was in Korea (98th Bomb Group - 344th Bomb Sqaudron) I have been looking for the patch, but unsuccessful. Any ideas where to locate or possible repro? Thanks for any info!

That is going to be a difficult patch to find, and probably expensive when you do....I am guessing maybe $200 or more. I would have one of the guys paint one for you. Go with the design on the sign rather than the embroidered patch....it will look better painted, and is probably closer to the original design of the patch when the unit went overseas.

Plus, I think the embroidered patch is very late or just post Korean War into the later 1950's.

wogeboy

Thanks for all the tips gang.
I will probably have to go with one of the painted ones.
Will get around to it after holidays... about to head up north in next day or so.
Thanks and Happy Holidays all