• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A New Find ….

B-Man2

Hey Guys
Here’s a new one I just picked up. It’s an original 1968 Vietnam War USN issued Star Manuf. G-1 size 46 in great condition . The cuff and waist knits don’t match but everything else is perfect . The mouton collar is awesome . I don’t mind sharing the purchase price with you, which was $270.00. As I’ve been saying forever, these original G-1s are still out there at great prices. Why buy repros ?? Take your time and one will find you.
Thanks for looking .
A8176144-D5BA-4C69-9203-A29C5071C25F.jpeg
D6E0F39E-828B-4AC7-A34D-82B36FCADAFD.jpeg
33703BE7-C3A0-4903-BA40-DD995ABC99F4.jpeg

blackrat2

Awesome jacket Burt and in a size 46
I have to say I keep looking and clearly I haven’t got the magic touch

Lorenzo_l

Good to see you back on feet again, Burt, and an inch or two taller at that! And that is a great original G-1 find you got there. Wear it in good health.

MikeyB-17

Looking good Burt-but I still miss the days you could get them for less than £100! The amount of mouton-collared G-1’s I’ve owned and sold on! If I only knew back then what I know now!

B-Man2

Thanks for the kind words to all of you guys.
Lorenzol ….. i didn’t gain that much in height but I certainly got back about 1/2 inch from the lost cartilage and the bowing of the leg from being misaligned all these years. Thanks for your well wishes .

Rutger

Until when did the navy issue these jackets for flight status? I'm thinking about the modified B-15 versions which were modified very early by removing the fur (mouton?) collar because some sort of risk with ejection seats. Or was it fire hazard? I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago.

dav3469

Until when did the navy issue these jackets for flight status? I'm thinking about the modified B-15 versions which were modified very early by removing the fur (mouton?) collar because some sort of risk with ejection seats. Or was it fire hazard? I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago.
USN still currently issues the G-1. WEP, CWU-36, 45 are the various fabric/nylon over the years. Plus the newer “softshell” types I can’t remember the name of. I could be wrong, but didn’t think USN used the modified B-15s like the USAF did.