• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A New Acquisition.

B-Man2

So I just acquired a new USN G-1 jacket and I thought that I share the first views of it with you guys . Don’t get too excited … it can’t compare to anything that Jorge puts up , but it’s still in pretty nice shape. So here ya go…
IMG_1134.jpeg
IMG_1136.jpeg
lol
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1140.jpeg
IMG_1139.jpeg
IMG_1142.jpeg
IMG_1141.jpeg
IMG_1138.jpeg

The goatskin is really nice and supple and the mouton collar has a great look to it .
Feel free to post your thoughts or to ask questions guys! :)

PS Fit picks to follow .

Last edited:

Dumpster D

It's got the original Puller!!!

Once I read an Ebay Description of a G-1 where it said:

"Any Newer, and the leather would still be on the goat"

Something like that.

Anyway nice collar, Like that colour.

And I've never seen a 48!!

PS. I like this style of waist and cuff knit with the Split ribbing pattern, what do you call that?

B-Man2

It's got the original Puller!!!

Once I read an Ebay Description of a G-1 where it said:

"Any Newer, and the leather would still be on the goat"

Something like that.

Anyway nice collar, Like that colour.

And I've never seen a 48!!

PS. I like this style of waist and cuff knit with the Split ribbing pattern, what do you call that?
Those are rib rack knits I believe .

ZuZu

So I just acquired a new USN G-1 jacket and I thought that I share the first views of it with you guys . Don’t get too excited … it can’t compare to anything that Jorge puts up , but it’s still in pretty nice shape. So here ya go… View attachment 115327View attachment 115331lol View attachment 115329View attachment 115337View attachment 115335View attachment 115339View attachment 115341View attachment 115343
The goatskin is really nice and supple and the mouton collar has a great look to it .
Feel free to post your thoughts or to ask questions guys! :)

PS Fit picks to follow .
Nice catch! One of my travel wearers is a Ralph Edwards 'C' size 46 of that same era. Those 'c's are the last iteration of G-1 where you can be sure all the cool features are there. And I like the brass puller- unlike with the 'B's you don't have to worry about blackening finish. Perfect uninhibited wearer!

B-Man2

Your collar Burt has that character and patina of a finely aged jacket. The jacket's in perfect shape but worn, and the collar matches it. No amount of artificial BS will give it the same look. Beautiful! IMO
Thank you Zu .