• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A jacket gift for my daughter...

fishmeok

It's my daughter's 15th B-day yesterday, so as a combo birthday/Christmas gift I am making her a jacket. We picked one that she liked from a thrift store, then I copied it and added a few details of my own (like the dark goatskin hide,a liner, M-422A waistknits, my collar, etc.) It's not totally done, I'm waiting for the cuffs, but I think it turned out pretty well.
Cheers
Mark

Temppics013.jpg

Temppics017.jpg

Temppics023.jpg

Temppics031.jpg

Temppics018.jpg

Temppics019.jpg

Temppics020.jpg

Temppics025.jpg

Temppics026.jpg

Temppics027.jpg

Marv

very, very nice Mark....excellent workmanship if I may say so, you're daughter will be thrilled I'm sure. :)

art of a2

Absolutely brilliant mate. I wish I could give my daughter a real legacy like that. She should be well chuffed and so should you!

fishmeok

Thanks all- if it wasn't a different cut (trimmer and a different shape from Mens jackets) it would make a neat pattern for a "Fonzi" style jacket like the one Fedoralover just picked up (different from an A-2 with the three piece sides). It's really small- 16" at the shoulders. I thought about putting a mouton collar on it, but that will wait for the next one I make her. Or maybe I should try making a removable one... ;)
Mark

better duck

love it. What a great present from a father for his daughter! She'll treasure it for the rest of her life!

ausreenactor

Is there no limit to what you can create....??

Need something in a 42 based on an A-1 if you get bored??

Couchy

fishmeok

Hey Couchy- I still have a bunch of the lamb I made my last A-1 one out of if you are interested.
Cheers
Mark

dujardin

Mark, tens of congrats.
jacket is splendid, really splendid.
i will send you a pm concerning our project.
your daughter will more than happy and proud with her jacket.
HER personnalised jacket made by HER father, what a dream.

great to have artist, tailor, painter as you on this place

byeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Peter Graham

That is really nice. That goatskin is excellent. I would love to commission one for my 9 year old son but he's growing so quick that he would outgrow it before it was finished.

fl1946

Beautiful work, Mark...and I understand how you feel giving the jacket to your daughter. Several years ago I gave my granddaughter a slightly beaten LW Foster which she took to college. It was an unbelievable hit that attracted a lot of attention and envy among her classmates. She still flops around with it! Enjoy the jacket with your daughter. They grow up fast.

Semper fi,
Frank

A

Anonymous

Amazing jacket. Congrats.
How long does it take you to make one of those?