• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Beginner’s Guide to US Military Leather Flight Jackets

w1rc

Several years ago I wrote a guide that I posted on ePay that focuses on the A-2 and the G-1 jackets. I am wondering if it would serve any worthwhile purpose if I post it on here.

To be sure this is probably much too basic a guide for most of the folks here and I am by no means an expert. The knowledge base on this forum is awesome Fleabay recently discontinued their GUIDES which is unfortunate because there is a need for basic information for newcomers.

Thanks for the input....

Best regards,

Michael (w1rc)

917_k

As a complete newcomer to collecting US flight jackets I'd certainly welcome something like this. There is a wealth on information on this forum, but often that involves sifting through current/past threads to find answers, so an easy go-to guide providing some basic info would be most helpful.

w1rc

As a complete newcomer to collecting US flight jackets I'd certainly welcome something like this. There is a wealth on information on this forum, but often that involves sifting through current/past threads to find answers, so an easy go-to guide providing some basic info would be most helpful.
Why don’t I send it to you as a PM and you can tell me if it is useful?

Stony

Jon McGuire's first book on flight jackets is a good start. It covers jackets from WWI through Vietnam. Not the best, but a good start.

w1rc

I assume you are referring to

Art of the Flight Jacket: Classic Leather Jackets of World War II (Schiffer Military/Aviation History)

Series: Schiffer Military/Aviation History

Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.; First edition. edition (September 1, 1995)
Language: English
ISBN-10:
ISBN-13: 978-0887407949
It is for sale on Amazon at $100.00. Will try to get it from the library through Interlibrary Loan.

Last edited: