• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A A2 for the man who has everything Eastman

Silver Dollar

The leather is way too slick for a good A2. The Goodwear is still the gold standard in my book. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Stony

Yep, too shiny and slick. I've never bought an Eastman and won't until they get rid of the "shiny" look.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Stony said:
Yep, too shiny and slick. I've never bought an Eastman and won't until they get rid of the "shiny" look.

So you don't think the shine is down to the lighting?

I'm surprised at the sleeve length ... The sleeves were too short when I received it. 27" long, how tall is he? :?

Marv

The A2 is the previous version that ELC sold and looking at the photos, I think some of the shine is down to the lighting and flash used.

However the pocket flaps look way too big on the jacket and the leather way too smooth compared to my 27752 (current ELC model) so Eastman's definately seem to have amended the pattern along with the pocket snaps for the new model.

Stony

So you don't think the shine is down to the lighting?

I don't think it's all shiny, but Eastmans just look too perfect for me. I need at least somewhat of a vintage look in a jacket I'm going to wear. I always like wearing an original G-1 type flight jacket as they are plentiful and much more comfortable to wear than an A-2.